Fort McMurray burning

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Counting the donation money and collecting interest on it as long as they can.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Disgusting. Honestly.

In a town of 7,000 we have 1,500+ here.
We've been hit hard by the oil here too, so I mean, add 1,500 people with nothing to 7,000 people - many of whom are struggling, it's not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the number of registered Fort McMurray evacuees staying in our climbed to over 500 yesterday, a list of required donation items has been assembled.
Priority Items

• Peanut butter
  • Jam
  • Pasta
  • Soup
  • Juice Boxes
  • Granola Bars
  • Coffee Creamer
  • Fruit Cups or canned fruit
  • Any Canned Food
  • Backpacks
  • Lunch boxes
  • Towels
  • Spaghetti Sauce
  • Can openers

Other Items Still Needed

Women / Girls

• Gently used bras
  • Underwear NEW (sizes small to XXL)
  • Cosmetics
  • Brushes/ combs
  • Facial cleanser
  • Curling iron
  • Blow dryer
  • Feminine products
Men / Boys

• Socks
  • Underwear
  • Belts
  • Teen underwear
  • Rubber boots
  • Shoes size 1-5
Babies

• Diapers all sizes, especially large (size 4/5)
  • Playpens / Cribs
  • Soothers
  • Wipes
  • Sippy Cups
  • Bibs
  • Baby wash cloths

Food

• Tea
  • Instant and normal coffee
  • Instant hot chocolate
  • Rice
  • Soy Sauce
  • Pastas
  • Jam
  • Pancake Syrup
  • Peanut Butter
  • Cereal
  • Soy Milk Powder
Household

• Linens
  • Pillows
  • Blankets
  • Quilts
  • Lysol Wipes
  • Laundry Soap
  • Fabric softener
  • Empty, clean containers with lids for separating laundry soap
Kitchen

• Dish Soap
  • All Purpose Cleaner
  • Paper Towel
  • Ziplocs Large
  • Paper plates, cups, cutlery
  • Coffee Makers

Toiletries

• Kleenex
  • Nail Clippers
  • Tweezers
  • RV/Camping Toilet Paper
  • Wash Cloths
  • Shampoo/ Conditioner/Body Wash

At this time, due to the generosity of the community, clothing items (with the exception of socks and underwear) are no longer needed. Some priority items include can openers, towels, and snack food (granola bars, juice boxes, etc.).

This is just what is needed here. The supplies (2-53" semi trailers, along with many, many personal donations) have been and gone already.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all the f'n bitchen and complaining...........Now come on all you nay-sayers....give the charities (especially the Red Cross) a chance for the process to happen. There is money starting to flow to the evacuees...and for many of them, who still have their houses to go back to, that may be all they need to get through the next week or three. Do you think they should just rifle out money to everyone? Hell no! Let's find out who really needs it and get them taken care of. Yes, lots of houses burnt but many are still standing without any damage. Most of the 80,000 evacuated did not suffer any losses except for being out of their home for a few weeks will not need help any more (or very little) help. Others that suffered loss may be fully covered by their insurance policy's ......many will probably have no coverage or minimal...wait and see and then help those who really need it.

This sorting of who needs and who doesn't will take time. Many don't even know what losses they encountered......give the process a chance to proceed...get the power and gas on so the town be opened before you go off half cocked that the system has failed. I would be bothered to find out we handed out thousand's to someone who does not need it and left some that needed it without.

..............and yes, I too see red when I look at the salaries of the executives of these charities...but I don't think that will ever change. I am sure there is a fair amount of work behind the scenes of deciding who gets help and how much. Taking in millions in donations is not a small task to manage.

Last edited:

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all the f'n bitchen and complaining...........Now come on all you nay-sayers....give the charities (especially the Red Cross) a chance for the process to happen. There is money starting to flow to the evacuees...and for many of them, who still have their houses to go back to, that may be all they need to get through the next week or three. Do you think they should just rifle out money to everyone? Hell no! Let's find out who really needs it and get them taken care of. Yes, lots of houses burnt but many are still standing without any damage. Most of the 80,000 evacuated did not suffer any losses except for being out of their home for a few weeks will not need help any more (or very little) help. Others that suffered loss may be fully covered by their insurance policy's ......many will probably have no coverage or minimal...wait and see and then help those who really need it.

This sorting of who needs and who doesn't will take time. Many don't even know what losses they encountered......give the process a chance to proceed...get the power and gas on so the town be opened before you go off half cocked that the system has failed. I would be bothered to find out we handed out thousand's to someone who does not need it and left some that needed it without.

..............and yes, I too see red when I look at the salaries of the executives of these charities...but I don't think that will ever change. I am sure there is a fair amount of work behind the scenes of deciding who gets help and how much. Taking in millions in donations is not a small task to manage.

Don't get me wrong, I agree, this is a mammoth undertaking. I do understand that things take time, the dust needs to settle, cliche, cliche, cliche. I just wondering where the backup support is for the towns and centres that need it. The supplies and necessities of life can't come solely from the citizens. We need support and help too.

but anyways, opinions are like azzholes, we all have one, and chances are we think everyone else's smells funny. ;)

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Don't get me wrong, I agree, this is a mammoth undertaking. I do understand that things take time, the dust needs to settle, cliche, cliche, cliche. I just wondering where the backup support is for the towns and centres that need it. The supplies and necessities of life can't come solely from the citizens. We need support and help too.

but anyways, opinions are like azzholes, we all have one, and chances are we think everyone else's smells funny. ;)
I already know I smell funny. All good here.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets face it I think the bulk of the frustration isn't with the Red Cross and other efforts to support those in need. The lack of what ever you want to call it from Junior and only now starting to spool up knowing now how important this maybe politically vs simply being a leader. Before he become PM he honestly and spoke openly about how the only thing in Canada that was great was Quebec. The leapords spots are starting to show so it seems. There are a ton of questions not answered and the cloak of the NDP censorship on things doesn't help. Only fair to expect a spill over of frustration towards other efforts with the delays. Add to the frustrations all those blinded partisan worshippers that believe withour question Junior is doing a perfect job thus far. Shaking hands with communist leaders instead of maybe helping a wore out exhausted mother from Bonnyville supporting relief efforts would be a stellar start. About 5 days to late mind you but a start. My daughter got the call today she is being scheduled flights and camp to return to work. Shows Alberta is getting back on its feet ironically enough because of oil and the oil sands.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isn't junior going to check things out tomorrow. I am sure he will make everything better for the town and for the residents of Fort McMurray

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rumor has it, can't wait to see what comes of his visit. The spin doctors are going to be out in full force.

isn't junior going to check things out tomorrow. I am sure he will make everything better for the town and for the residents of Fort McMurray

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Insurance covers a lot of this expense for being misplaced, such as lodging and meals. Some people probably dont have insurance there the ones that need the cash. There will be a lot of people that will never return to Fort Mac. Big task to organize and as always a lot of b!tching going on.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's hope there is 1000 more people up there like the guy in Calgary. Maybe Truloser will get the hint.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

On the new's tonight it said Bonnyville wasn't a "approved" evac centre, so that's why Alberta dissaster services
and red cross wouldn't help with funding goods for the evac's that are there. BUT today someone declared it "approved"
so, Bonnyville is supposed to get "help" now.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the new's tonight it said Bonnyville wasn't a "approved" evac centre, so that's why Alberta dissaster services
and red cross wouldn't help with funding goods for the evac's that are there. BUT today someone declared it "approved"
so, Bonnyville is supposed to get "help" now.

Lac La Biche bold centre has stopped accepting donations as they're overloaded and now there aren't many people staying there anymore. Maybe they will move some supplies from there to Bonnyville?

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lac La Biche bold centre has stopped accepting donations as they're overloaded and now there aren't many people staying there anymore. Maybe they will move some supplies from there to Bonnyville?

Not sure, the bold centre is sending evacuees here, I know that much.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We sent 2 more crews up this morning.
Lots of small fires and basements it sounds like.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't it amazing the amount of footage being released today from fort mac now that Junior is there? Clear, in focus professional footage. Really makes a guy stop and think about the claims the NDP was screening footage before released. Saving all the good stuff to make there good will trip much more plausable? I really do hate the way my mind thinks but there are way to many fingers pointing the wrong direction with those two. Lets hope at least the penny has dropped with those two and the severity of the issues people still face. Even with days of prep his spin doctors couldn't give him a fool proof script to keep from the uh uh mmm and pauses. He really does piss me off. Damn pussy to boot!

Top Bottom