Fort McMurray burning

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly. they can't get there cut from hard goods that will actually make it to those that need it.
I have heard many times, the red Cross money u pay, it's 60 to 75 % for what u give, actually goes to the job

C.e.o 's need big money too ya know

Where my buck sent with goods from people I know, is 100 % to the job at hand

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the red cross does seems ineffective when there's a disaster close to home.Maybe they do better when the problems out of reach of those who want to help.I did not give them any money, instead gave to people i knew would get it directly to the people in need.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that at this point in time ,our so called PM has not been to Fort Mac , Edmonton , a relief centre or personally visited with victims , responders , stakeholders of this tragedy !!!

I believe this to be the largest evacuation in Canadian history do to fire , and he has no TIME to get out here...!
Harper was out in the Quebec train fire almost immediately , yet this prick has not even set foot in Alberta since then! I hope all of you that voted this spoiled , self centrred little twat in are taking notice of his compassion for Albertans ....
If this had happened in Quebec , we would already be viewing the inevitable selfies .

I am ashamed as a Canadian at the out right prejudice he shows against Alberta , it's people and industries ...
its despicable for a PM !

Last edited:

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just want to thank all the emergency personal and everyone else that helped fight this fire to save my house from burning!! Words can not describe how thankful we are what you guys have done for fort McMurray!! The support has been unbelievable and just goes to show how unbelievably considerate people are to drop everything in there lives to come help complete strangers. The donations people have been making to Red Cross, food, supplies, fuel, accomadations, everything! This is what makes Canada so awesome "the people". I'm so sorry to those who have lost literally everything in there homes, I can not imagine what you must be going through. If anyone needs anything please let me know, pm me and I will do anything to try the best I can to help out. We are all one big family and here to help each other out in anyway we can. I know this has been said lots everywhere but we can not say it enough how thankful we are. We will rebuild and fort McMurray will once again be a great city to live in again!!

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Red Cross had adds running on radio yesterday to register. Not sure how this plays out for people as far a time line, Trudope has his matching dollars to make avail too. They said on news that what's raised so far amounts to $646/person in ft Mac.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pisses me off to think the damn Syrians that showed up at Christmas had $8000 grand in thier jeans over night and a hotel to live in with food allowance but when it's a local disaster our own citizens seems to get short changed. Not to mention Trudeau at the airport every day to meet our new Canadians and the putz hasn't even gone to ft Mac or any of the emergency housing locations like northlands.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All this Red Cross bull**** is disturbing. Checked their annual statement online. Last year they raked in 300 million and payed out 31 in wages and general. CEO gets over 300 g's per year. Slave Lake fire victims getting 2% of the donations made to Red Cross. The corruption these days is just staggering. Arrgggg :realmad:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sent an email off to the Red Cross to ask how the Alberta donations are distributed and this is the reply I got.

Thank you for your request and for your interest in the Canadian Red Cross’ role in assisting those who have been affected by the forest fires in Alberta.

We are extremely committed to honouring the intent of our donors and keeping costs as low as possible. When we launch an appeal, such as the Alberta Fires Appeal, donations made in response to it are used to help communities identified in the appeal to recover from emergencies and disasters by providing immediate assistance and relief. The fundraising cost related to any emergency appeal will not exceed 5%. Once these urgent needs have been met, we may use any remaining funds in and beyond the region to strengthen resilience to future emergencies and disasters or to provide humanitarian aid in the event that new needs arise. This includes a small portion of funds, one and a half percent, which ensures the Canadian Red Cross is ready and prepared to respond to future disasters.
The Canadian Red Cross is transparent in our reporting to donors. The Canadian Red Cross reports on finances every year in our annual report which is available on our website.

To make a financial donation, please visit Alberta Fires Appeal or call 1-800-418-1111.

To make a donation by cheque or cash, please send your donation made payable to The Canadian Red Cross directly to our National Office by mailing your donation to:

Canadian Red Cross
170 Metcalfe St
Ottawa, ON
K2P 2P2

Upon sending your donation, please earmark your donation for the Alberta Fires Appeal to ensure that your donation is directed accordingly.

The Government of Canada and the Government of Alberta will each be matching all donations made by individuals to the Red Cross Alberta Fires Appeal between May 3 – 31, 2016.

Thank you for your support of the Red Cross. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to
contact us.

Regards,

Melissa Winkler
Associate, Donor Experience / Agente, Expérience des donateurs

Canadian Red Cross | Croix-Rouge canadienne
1305 11 Ave SW | Calgary | AB | T3C 3P6
WeCare@redcross.ca | ComptezSurNous@croixrouge.ca
T 1-800-418-1111
www.redcross.ca | www.croixrouge.ca

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I emailed the edmonton journal,Lloydminster new's cap new's, and the merridian booster
asking if they could do a story on what the red cross has accomplished since this dissaster
started.Not what they are planning do do, but what has been done so far besides making list's.
IE.
How many ton's of food,water and clothing have they gathered,sorted,transported and handed out.
Of course making a list of the people dissplaced need's to be done but the info stat's can. has should be
99% accurate.
"Immediately after a dissaster shelter,food,water and clothing are the only thing's that matter's, what role
has the red cross played in the relief effort's up untill today?" Is what I want someone from the red cross
to answer.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I red somewhere today about how much red cross has left over after even Katrina, was a retarded amount in millions

Total b.s, and I will not give red Cross a Rosie red penny because of it

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fitting for the title of this thread:

13177417_10156905294625331_862623316083396696_n_zpskbusok9x.jpg

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The National tonight said $60 million so far from Canadian's.That # does not
include prov and fed promised fund's.(matching donation's)
Red Cross is supposed to release a action plan of some sort tomorrow.
I had previously thought in a major situation like this red cross would send
half a dozen people to each evac. shelter(Within 24 hour's max) and they would
organize volunteer's and run the show so to speak. I think I was wrong in thinking
they had a action plan for emergency situation's.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I red somewhere today about how much red cross has left over after even Katrina, was a retarded amount in millions

Total b.s, and I will not give red Cross a Rosie red penny because of it

Left over? How does that happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once everybody is settled down and has their essential needs met, what more can the Red Cross do? EI and insurance does all the real work and it's not like they will cut a check for $20k per person, just for living in Fort Mac, with no specific reason other than leftover fund raising money. Maybe build a fancy park up there or in Slave Lake with that money. Something that is for community.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once everybody is settled down and has their essential needs met, what more can the Red Cross do? EI and insurance does all the real work and it's not like they will cut a check for $20k per person, just for living in Fort Mac, with no specific reason other than leftover fund raising money. Maybe build a fancy park up there or in Slave Lake with that money. Something that is for community.

A fancy park. NO. The money ws donated to help people in need. At least that's what we've been led to believe. Pffft

Top Bottom