Forster Snow conditions

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These are from Thurs the 16th. Was a good day! Pow was bottomless in the trees! Mountain pic is looking at thunderwater. Some creeks still open, but easily dodgeable.

Attachments

• 2010-12-16 13.48.56.jpg
    2010-12-16 13.48.56.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 567
  • 2010-12-16 15.03.17.jpg
    2010-12-16 15.03.17.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 571

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres us sitting on the middle of thunderwater climb. very poor visibility that day, did get to check out the lakes, still needs a LOT of snow. Lots of rocks up there!:mad:

Attachments

• 2010-12-26 16.18.01.jpg
    2010-12-26 16.18.01.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 450

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Heres us sitting on the middle of thunderwater climb. very poor visibility that day, did get to check out the lakes, still needs a LOT of snow. Lots of rocks up there!:mad:

That was a poor visilbility day for sure. All we seem was this GREEN BLOB climbing the hills. Ha Ha:p

summitking

Reaction score
Anyone been up in the last few days? Planning a trip for tomorrow but may check out Rocky Point if Forester conditions aren't great. Looks like snow in the forecast...

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snow better be in the forcast. we rode forester on new years eve, i didn't even recognize the bottom of t-water. our tracks were digging through the snow and into the lake water up top. got a couple climbs in and jumped some creeks. had to be minus 50 with windchill. intense! and we had to pull out my buddy's wedge from the lakes with a 100mph wind pushing us over.

even so it was super fun. always is!! :p

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that was a cold day...especially when I disentigrated my belt on the face of t-water...Nothing like having to cut your strung belt out of your primary on the side of a hill in freezing cold wind!

summitking

Reaction score
Doesn't sound to good, I think we'll just piss around some of the other bowls around there or go to Rocky or Silent. Thanks fellas.

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that was a cold day...especially when I disentigrated my belt on the face of t-water...Nothing like having to cut your strung belt out of your primary on the side of a hill in freezing cold wind!

lets never ride that temperature again....

although the ride itself wasn't that bad. the haul back was fun haha! :cigar:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was in on sunday, looked like who ever got in on Sat had a good day.

probably 3 ft of fresh in the trees and maybe a ft in the open areas, but it's pretty pounded now.

creeks are filled in, most of them:eek: still lots of rocks and wood poking up.

tracks up to thunderwater.... not sure if that was wise given the conditions but at least they were not right up the middle.

eClKaNdY

Reaction score
had a blast on sunday found some really deep snow!!!! not a good idea try to do some doughnut 2 on the sled... shovel for an hour!!!!!!! girlfriend was laughing...:d

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not making it out this weekend:mad:, hopefully the next...anyone goin up this weekend? get some pics plz!!

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is heading out I heard the road has not been plowed since early in the week.

We got over 50cm of snow at Pano the last couple days so it might be a challenge to get to the forster p-lot.

dog leg staging on west may be a better option.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another road update.... do not try to access Forster via Radium.

Road has not been plowed since before Christmas, saw a truck teetering over the edge of a steep drop today.

Even Westside from Invermere has not been plowed since last week.

It's going to be sketchy for a while, big snow fall and temps warming up to above freezing today:eek:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another road update.... do not try to access Forster via Radium.

Road has not been plowed since before Christmas, saw a truck teetering over the edge of a steep drop today.

Even Westside from Invermere has not been plowed since last week.

It's going to be sketchy for a while, big snow fall and temps warming up to above freezing today:eek:

Thanks Pano!!! We were thinking it would be a nightmare and have avoided it. The Silent Pass road isn't any better. :eek: Lots of backroads are in very rough shape...too many other areas to get I guess. :confused: Although they were neglected before the big dumps came.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The road contractor in Invermere has 5 trucks and a grader to maintain the roads from the flats to spilly.

They even locked the avy gate west of Pano on Friday and there was some peeps touring at the jumbo pass cabin!!!!! Friggin locked them in!

Really warm in town right now.....

summitking

Reaction score
Was up there last weekend and the road from Radium to the 16.4km on the Westside Rd was fine, bumpy but easily driveable (if anything needed a bit of fresh on it). From the 16.4km to the staging at 21km on the Westside Rd was fine. Haven't been in the watershed way for a long while though. I imagine the steep hill shorly after Wilmer going the Invermere way would be pretty sketchy right now!

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up there last weekend and the road from Radium to the 16.4km on the Westside Rd was fine, bumpy but easily driveable (if anything needed a bit of fresh on it). From the 16.4km to the staging at 21km on the Westside Rd was fine. Haven't been in the watershed way for a long while though. I imagine the steep hill shorly after Wilmer going the Invermere way would be pretty sketchy right now!

that must have been before the new snow... 2ft of it at the 16km crossroads, the only guy who made the crossroad from Radium was chained up and no trailer. The Horsetheif hill is no problem because the road has been plowed recently.

Top Bottom