Ford V10 6.8L

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone running fords big gas engine? What kinda power? Towing? MPG?

I know a diesel would be better but hard to find a 7.3 diesel ext-crew cab with reasonable KMs for a decent price.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone running fords big gas engine? What kinda power? Towing? MPG?

I know a diesel would be better but hard to find a 7.3 diesel ext-crew cab with reasonable KMs for a decent price.

I'm a Ford guy Byron and all I can tell you is keep looking for the 7.3. These things will not drive by a gas station from what I've heard from guys that own them.:(

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brother in Law has one, says its the biggest most useless piece of crap he has ever owned.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a Ford guy Byron and all I can tell you is keep looking for the 7.3. These things will not drive by a gas station from what I've heard from guys that own them.:(

That's what i was thinking. Only problem is oil changes get expensive and so does fixing it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what i was thinking. Only problem is oil changes get expensive and so does fixing it.

The 7.3's are bulletproof. The body will fall off the frame before the motor goes. I have friends with high mileage 7.3's that love them to death. Best motor Ford has ever had.:trustme:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure but it felt stronger than the 6 litre I replaced it with pulling the fifth wheel.

I'm so glad you told me to look for diesel. i typed in 7.3L diesel on kijiji and found basically same truck i was looking at for the same price with a 7.3

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad you told me to look for diesel. i typed in 7.3L diesel on kijiji and found basically same truck i was looking at for the same price with a 7.3

I think you will be happier and you will have some resale down the road. Good luck!:d:beer:

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a diesel i just got a 08 350 last week and on the trip computer its doing 18 mpg. My dodge ram 07 1500 hemi was only doing 13 lol dont want to know what a V10 would do.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was hearing 12-15 MPG highway with the V10. I'm just a little hesitant about the massive difference in repair bills and that i couldn't work o my own diesel since i know little about them.

We have a 2004 F350 with the 6.0L and it has been an absolute money pit. One of the worst vehicles we have ever owned. It was fast when we got it. REALLY fast. My Mom went from driving a suburban with a 350 to the big turbo diesel and launched it across a couple intersections before getting used to the power. But it fell apart. The motor anyways. Worst engine ford ever produced.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was hearing 12-15 MPG highway with the V10. I'm just a little hesitant about the massive difference in repair bills and that i couldn't work o my own diesel since i know little about them.

We have a 2004 F350 with the 6.0L and it has been an absolute money pit. One of the worst vehicles we have ever owned. It was fast when we got it. REALLY fast. My Mom went from driving a suburban with a 350 to the big turbo diesel and launched it across a couple intersections before getting used to the power. But it fell apart. The motor anyways. Worst engine ford ever produced.

I know the 03's were bad but had good luck with my 04. I heard most of the guys having problems with the 6L run big chips. Just what I heard though.....:confused:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

12-15 mpg highway with the V10? Maybe going down hill with a tailwind and a piece of plywood for a sail.

Brother in Law says he used to average around 8mpg, highway and city combo running, but doesnt really know anymore because he never uses it.

Top Bottom