floating secondary

snotwister

Reaction score
from me if you want one for a rev.Ive got one in my tool box that i used for one ride and then sold the sled so i kept it.Ill sell it to ya cheap if your interested.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, duck is using delrin now instead of aluminum, i've got one of each on our sleds and they work great. Good cheap mod for your rev.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from me if you want one for a rev.Ive got one in my tool box that i used for one ride and then sold the sled so i kept it.Ill sell it to ya cheap if your interested.

If you still have it PM me. I will take it off your hands.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Still have a few left....$25 shipped.

Attachments

• delrin spacers.jpg
    delrin spacers.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 279

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running Duck's spacer for the last two seasons. Before the spacer I spent as much on belts as I did on gas, after the spacer I can get 1500km on a belt with no issues!!

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hands down best mod for the rev, have ducks alum on and never had issues with belts... Was really sad when they went to the QRS secondary on the rev and costs 800 bucks to float it...

Make sure to keep ur shaft nice n lubed up with anti-seize you don't want any excessive wear or heat buildup ....

(on the splines) LOL.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard of this a lot but never really researched the modification.

Could somebody explain?

My clutching used to be top notch, but now for some reason it seams my pulley's aren't aligned real well. The secondary seems a bit too far in causing the primary side to stay in constant contact/wearing.

I've loosened and re-torqued the engine mounts as per the manual and will know more on my next ride, but I don't think it fixed anything. Engine bolts were all snug.

Lemme know. My first belt when I bought this sled lasted forever and clutches were never hot, now they are pretty warm and I rip out side belts/strands.

Thanks!

Q

BTW, 2006 REV Summit 800 X

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Using the spacer allows your secondary to to align with the primary once it is engaged. This was one fo the first mods I did to my Summit and I have only worn out 1 belt in over 2200 miles of riding. This mod is well worth the money.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The spacer allows your secondary clutch to float back and forth on the splines to keep itself aligned with the primary clutch weather it's at low speed or high torque situations (the motor will twist under high load and what may have been perfectly alignment without any load on the clutches is now out). Without any spacers behind the clutch this allows the secondary to move a good inch and a half back and forth freely. A good way to look at it is if you were to run your secondary without a bolt to hold it on, this would allow the secondary to move where it wants to be, the spacer just does the same thing but will stop the clutch from flying off when you grenade a belt doing 120 down the trail and adding some more unwanted venting to your plastics. Use anti-seize on your splines!

Hope this helps

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased a 2007 Summit and it had a 13/16 spark plug socket in the secondary to extend the secondary shaft worked fine and cheap. We all have one we don't use try it it's free. only my 2 cents worth

Top Bottom