Fire Bans and Common Sense Please

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a rhino test run with new axle and fuel programmer. West of bear berry. Came across a fire still smoldering from weekend. Fu€#%n people!!!!! Not impressed to say least. Hope it stays safe west o here this weekend but the swarms of " interesting people " that head to the west I would have my doubts. Please remind folks that the garbage bins set up out there r for a purpose. And pack their damn couches and recliners back to the dump they came from.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Just released in the Calgary herald ...... Province wide bans on including portable campfires . That makes up my mind . maybe go out for a day ride.
We all knew it would happen..And ya maybe a day ride is what alot of people might do.Hopefully there is no bad chit thats gonna happen this weekend..play safe people!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We all knew it would happen..And ya maybe a day ride is what alot of people might do.Hopefully there is no bad chit thats gonna happen this weekend..play safe people!

I am heading out tomorrow if your coming for the day.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a rhino test run with new axle and fuel programmer. West of bear berry. Came across a fire still smoldering from weekend. Fu€#%n people!!!!! Not impressed to say least. Hope it stays safe west o here this weekend but the swarms of " interesting people " that head to the west I would have my doubts. Please remind folks that the garbage bins set up out there r for a purpose. And pack their damn couches and recliners back to the dump they came from.

I lived west of Rocky, in a Log house was a freaky feeling to be in a log house on may long.. People, mostly Grads would flock to the area around where our house was. In droves.. Thousands of people, couches everywhere, garbage out the wazzoo.. We used to have to go around and put the fires out. So many fires left unattended. It was such a mess. The windows in my truck were shot out, People crapping everywhere, Drunk and Stoned people laying across the road. It was horrible.
Good post Skinnybitch..

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alberta Wildfire Info has a facebook page, on there it says "Campfires at campgrounds and recreation areas in designated fire pits is allowed." and "A licensed campground would be a designated area. Such campgrounds have engineered fire pits that are safe to use." that was posted 2 hrs ago.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Alberta-Wildfire-Info/357885625988

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yes come out mike.... but this year show up before noon and not hung to the gills......................................................................................

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well looks like fire bans all over alberta. no open fires allowed unless in a campground fire pit. and no booze allowed in most of the provincial sites, which means they are closing people out, next it will be atv's and sleds, and good by guns. you just mark my words. i'm thinkin atv'rs should start hiding quads and gas for the future, for when atv's will be banned totally. and you may as well start stockpiling brewhouse, that is likely on the greenie agenda to.

oh mills another night, flippin the pages?

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't tell me there isn't a secondary agenda here when fires in campground pits are allowed, but portable gas firepits are not allowed.

I also find it strangely convenient that the AB fireban website is down right now. Money grab?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Province issues fire ban | CTV Calgary

A Fire ban has been issued for forested areas of the province and officials say there is a high to extreme wildfire hazard.
The ban is effective immediately and will remain in place until further notice for forested areas in Alberta, from Waterton Lakes National Park to north of Manning and east to north of Fort McMurray.
"The wildfire situation in most of Alberta is serious," said Environment and Sustainable Resource Development Minister Diana McQueen. "Unfortunately, most of the wildfires we are fighting right now appear to be human-caused and therefore were 100 per cent preventable. It is very important that everyone take precautions to avoid starting fires - it is so dry and windy in many places that fires can start and spread very quickly."
The fire ban prohibits:

• Lighting of outdoor fires
  • Fireworks
  • The use of portable campfires
The ban does not affect fires contained within:

• A cooking or heating appliance, other than portable campfires, which are fuelled by fluids or compressed gas
  • An engineered fire receptacle in designated camping and recreation areas
  • Walled tents with air tight stoves with proper screening as approved by a forest officer
  • Industrial facilities or on industrial sites as approved by a forest officer
The province says that all outdoor fires that are currently burning, with or without a permit, must now be extinguished and all fire permits are suspended in the ban area.
The fire bans do not apply to lands within cities, towns or villages or federal lands where there are no fire control agreements.
For current information on the ban, visit the Alberta Fire Bans website.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't tell me there isn't a secondary agenda here when fires in campground pits are allowed, but portable gas firepits are not allowed.

I also find it strangely convenient that the AB fireban website is down right now. Money grab?

Exactly a Fire ban is a fire ban you would think. Must be special fires in government campgrounds.

Also a propane fire pit is for cooking anyway. Same as a BBQ.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Fire Bans

Picture 1.jpg

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup ohwell kinda saw it comin'. No may long campin for us this year I suppose, but that's all good plenty of weekends left in the summer where it won't be chitpacked, have better weather and no fire bans :)

It sucks but that's life - we can only blame mother nature really..it is pretty dry and with the amount of wildfires in Alberta each year around this time the risk is not worth the reward. Lets just pray for some rain so we can enjoy the rest of the summer without fire bans ..

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skinny...thanks for the useful post. We live in an area with firebans on most summers, all summer, every year pretty much. Sucks, but it's better than the alternative IMO. There are definitely safe ways to have a fire, but the point of the bans is to stop those that are knobs and don't recognize the importance of fire safety and to help save peoples homes and lives from said idiots. If people weren't doing dumb things that caused these fires, they wouldn't need to put bans on. Unfortunately people aren't that smart and keep starting fires which leaves really no choice but to ban them for all. We have so many tourists, campers, and dry wilderness in our area that I almost hope for fire bans cuz you know some idiot is out there without a clue on how to build a fire let alone how to keep it safe. They're the same ones who pay 10 bux for a 5 pack of small chopped wood...cuz they don't know where wood comes from other than the gas station store. So while many know how and are careful...just like anything else, there are those who are completely clueless and those that don't give a crap about anyone else and do what they want regardelss of consequences to others.

Imdooin...you're obviously old school redneck, and one who makes his own rules without respect for why these things are in place or the people that are or have been affected by others carelessness...are you also the guy who rides closed areas, throws garbage around the wilderness and runs over caribou in your spare time. Same chit, different pile...you're the type of guy who will play a factor in power sports getting a bad rap and shut down, not PB and Koby (very far from 'greenies' IMO)...or the rest of us who play by the rules no matter how much they think the rules suck. There's a big difference between being green and being respectful of rules for our safety and protection of our environment in general. The way to influence a change in attitude towards power sports users and our environment may not be as simple as 'F-You' I'll do what I want - as much as that's what we all want to do.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tam, I think you're getting the wrong idea of what I'mdouchin' is doing, he's trying to be funny and edgy....albeit failing miserably. I don't believe that he is the kind of guy that's throwing his garbage out in the wilderness, or recklessly building fires and sayin FU to the rules. Skinny came close to losing her home and valuables, and put out a passionate plea for people to please use extreme care with their campfires, cigarette butts, etc....sucks that it had to turn into the Larry show but hey, it's how it goes around here sometimes.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya Tee..agree with ya and do realize he's instigating and trying lamely to be funny. But to others reading this, they don't know how he rolls. There's a time and place for joking and being a smart ass...but others who don't know him aren't gonna see it's just a smokescreen of bullchit.

I feel for Skinny...and there are some things that need to be taken seriously...Imdooin is old and smart enough to know that IMO. ;)

I actually kinda like the ol' guy...

Top Bottom