Fernie Winter 2016-2017

700modd

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can unload at the tin shack on the Corbin road to ride to the pipeline and if not due to logging does anyone know if you can drive down that road and unload right at the pipeline ?
Thanks

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can unload at the tin shack on the Corbin road to ride to the pipeline and if not due to logging does anyone know if you can drive down that road and unload right at the pipeline ?
Thanks

You can drive your radio controlled truck on the logging roads remembering that the roads are radio controlled. That means all traffic has and uses VHF radios. It is only illegal to drive a snowmobile on a plowed logging road. You need to know where the pull outs are and the proper radio protocols. Meeting loaded logging trucks on narrow roads is not pleasant and they are not likely to move out of the way for you.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one have condition updates on the areas around Morrissey? Ie the notch etc.

Heading out Thursday

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Any one have condition updates on the areas around Morrissey? Ie the notch etc.

Heading out Thursday

Heard today the snow is skinny. Others say it is good. I am going for a ride tomorrow (it is only -10 this evening and a much needed heat wave) to check things out. I'll let you know. It is supposed to snow this week. A one point it was 7 out of 8 days but now it is only 4 out of the 8 days. So who really knows what the weather is going to do.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea I've been hearing the same.
Lookin forward to hear back. Dont really wanna change travel plans to revy. But also wouldn't be disappointed haha.

Reaction score
Website
www.elkvalleysnowshepherds.com
25cm+ of new snow in the Elk Valley this morning! Just a head's up that we have added an additional AST1 in Fernie January 21/22, 2017 for those who may be looking for a course. info@elkvalleysnowshepherds.com for more info.
Jan2017AST1.jpg

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all anybody coming to Fernie?
All my buds are either hurt or stuck doing the family thing over the holidays.
Looking for riding buddies!!
AST2, 174", big shovel and fresh batteries in the transceiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not till next week, 2 of us coming out.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Do you know some sweet hidden gems?

5 of us heading out early Thursday morning and staying till Friday Eve.
Be unloading at Morrissey I suppose by 9 or 10.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know some sweet hidden gems?

5 of us heading out early Thursday morning and staying till Friday Eve.
Be unloading at Morrissey I suppose by 9 or 10.

Haha
I do know a few sweet jumps!!

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Conditions today ranged from marginal to friggen EPIC....had a better day today than any day last year.

Coles notes version: anything on the lee sides of the wind are epic...the windward side...not so much.

The wind had scoured the South end of Rolling Hills and it ranged from rock hard to bottomless drifts and crappy light...decided to head for one of the hidden meadows near the pipeline. The west side of Minnesota Flats was sweet and the lee sides of the pipeline were deep and sweet. The sides of the bypass roads around the steep parts of the pipeline were an absolute hoot...blower pow over the head...couldn't see half the time...early season terrain features abounded...felt like a pinball in a pinball machine. It was awesome and I'm fragged.

Sorry...no pictures.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's the snow pack in the areas accessible from Morrissey? Any avalanche activity?

Not many recent observations on avalanche.ca

Thanks

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes, the wind was blowing! Came home from Lethbridge last night and the wind was a problem right up to Sparwood. Super white out through Cowley and Lundbreck. Lots of blowing snow and heavily snow packed road. The sign in the pass for highway #22 was into triple digits at 105 km/h.

I'm betting today, all the tracks of Fernie Hawk will be filled and smoothed over....................:danceMsn:

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, the wind was blowing! Came home from Lethbridge last night and the wind was a problem right up to Sparwood. Super white out through Cowley and Lundbreck. Lots of blowing snow and heavily snow packed road. The sign in the pass for highway #22 was into triple digits at 105 km/h.

I'm betting today, all the tracks of Fernie Hawk will be filled and smoothed over....................:danceMsn:

yes it was Krazy as I was coming back from Lethbridge also, on way up a nurse from fernie ditch her car over the bank and drove her back to fernie in am, cops said can't get it towed out yet as it was stormy out, many in the ditch on 93, slow down people.....stay safe for Christmas..

Top Bottom