Both excellent choices

Montego Bay Rui is very nice

Blau Varadero was not too bad.

Cuba food was so so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was a really nice gesture. How did you know that would be stuff they would need/appreciate?
Wife did some research online and just talking to others that had been there. Wikipedia is also a great source of info on their economy. A doctor makes 17$-30$ US a month, apparently.

Last edited:

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering has anyone ever tried exploring their own country before exporting all their hard earned dollars?

No, i did not read all the pages.

linktel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have been to Newfoundland PEI Vancouver Vancouver Island Edmonton Saskatoon and Calgary once that's in the past 10 years
You?

oldrzr

Reaction score
my wife and i did the Edmonton to east coast tour 3 years ago was just great but cost a friggin fortune to fly from Edmonton to Halifax. we are going to Cabo San Lucas for a week and half price compared to the east tour . I would love to tour our own country but time and costs are to crazy. Maybe when I retire ha ha

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bora Bora......you will never regret it! It is everything you have ever seen on TV or in a movie. Four Seasons is nice....

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's exactly what you think it will and should be... Definitely changed since the Marlon Brando days I am sure but it is laid back and extremely awesome... Just book things to do as +35 does get too much to be under for 12 hours a day!

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's exactly what you think it will and should be... Definitely changed since the Marlon Brando days I am sure but it is laid back and extremely awesome... Just book things to do as +35 does get too much to be under for 12 hours a day!

Easily the nicest place i have ever been!

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Playa has been great so far this week

I just got back from Playa Cayo Santa Maria last night. Amazing place. Beach is the nicest I've ever seen. Staff is amazing. So friendly. And by far the safest area I've visited. When were you there? A couple of my buddies got pulled up on stage at the night shows. Thank god I never. Haha

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
We are in early January not sure where looking at the last minute deals
Cuba or Jamaica

I've been to both. People say Jamaica has warmer weather in January/February. I just got back from Cuba last night. Playa Cayo Santa Maria I loved it. If there is a last minute for there I would highly recommend it. Jamaica is all really expensive.

At Playa, I found the chicken fingers at the snack bar very good, the ham and cheese pizzas good, fried rice, fajitas, and omelettes. The stuff in the warming plates may be a bit to be desired at times.

I will definitely go back to Cuba.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Booked 10 days Negril Jan 2/17

I stayed at Riu Negril a couple years ago, January 5-12 in 2014, the food was Amazing, by far the best food I have had buffet style. The beach wasn't the best it was man made. But 7 Mile beach is amazing. If you haven't been, go on a Catamaran excursion that takes you snorkelling and to Ricks Cafe that was a really good one.

7 days is too short of a vacation. 10 days would be perfect.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 weeks ago wife and I went to Mexico for our 1st time.
We both really loved it.
However my favorite place is still the Yukon and Liard Hot Springs BC.

Top Bottom