Favorite bc off the grid areas?

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for new places to disconnect with the wife and kids. We have a few favorite spots around Koocanusa and revelstoke, but looking for some more “off the beaten path” places. Relatively near to water is a bonus, wife is basically a fish.
What’s your favorite area in BC for free camping and why?

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for new places to disconnect with the wife and kids. We have a few favorite spots around Koocanusa and revelstoke, but looking for some more “off the beaten path” places. Relatively near to water is a bonus, wife is basically a fish.
What’s your favorite area in BC for free camping and why?

If you're willing to make the drive, head towards Stewart. Unreal scenery, no cell service (there wasn't any when I was there 5 years ago), lots of cool history and right on the ocean with tons of cool areas to check out. Its a long haul but if you get lucky with the weather, its a fantastic spot IMO.

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're willing to make the drive, head towards Stewart. Unreal scenery, no cell service (there wasn't any when I was there 5 years ago), lots of cool history and right on the ocean with tons of cool areas to check out. Its a long haul but if you get lucky with the weather, its a fantastic spot IMO.

That looks pretty awesome, but a bit or an epic haul at 1700km away lol. I’ll add that to my list o places to check out, but for this week I’m thinking I’ll be staying East of kelowna. Wanna get some time with my feet up and beer in hand, only have 7 days.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Stewart is no longer the secret it once was. And yes they have cell service now. The community isn't very happy with all the non locals there right now. Typically a very friendly place but with out a doctor I can understand why. Plus the boarder is closed so no getting hyderized

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not very smart to post your secret spots on the internet. Next time you show up there not that secret....

Exactly. I have a great spot locally that tourists haven't found yet. Never have to line up for a camping spot, and I'm not about to ruin that.

Hoehand79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup then you can get hyderized!

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
head out my driveway, turn left or right, travel until you reach destination. If somebody is already there, stop and drink with them.

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_6340.jpg
Wife ended up making me do touristy things at kooc for almost the whole week. :( she said it’s my own fault for having a broken ankle. still fun, but not far enough away from the world for me

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a great place to hang out, Been a few times. You had a great weather week too
View attachment 227784
Wife ended up making me do touristy things at kooc for almost the whole week. :( she said it’s my own fault for having a broken ankle. still fun, but not far enough away from the world for me

Top Bottom