Farmers almanac-Truth or fiction?

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I been gardening by the lunar cycle and my mind is blown on how the moon affects growth. It’s crazy!
I have no experience with the farmers almanac.
Lemme know your experience, does it work? Etc

I hunt moose and deer by the lunar cycle, full moon and the critters move. Not sure about the almanac part lol

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've kept track of weather in my log books every day for last 11 years. Alamanc is actually fairly close, on average, to within about a week I find

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've kept track of weather in my log books every day for last 11 years. Alamanc is actually fairly close, on average, to within about a week I find
I would have never guessed this. Do you find that to be locally where you live, your section of the province, or just the daily weather in general?

I'm asking because I am curious as well.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have never guessed this. Do you find that to be locally where you live, your section of the province, or just the daily weather in general?

I'm asking because I am curious as well.
I only keep track of local weather from our weather station at home. Compared to the Almanac, I'm speaking about the weather in our area (neighbouring RM's, etc). It's not exact, but if they say to expect a bit rain, it seems to come to some one within about 20 miles of us within about a week of the Almanac saying it would. There are a few misses, but it's fun to follow.

Top Bottom