Farmer talk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hold to your rights. They are in the wrong in my opinion. You paid for it, possess it and for them to change their mind after letting you take it after giving you a paid bill of sale is ludicrous

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hold to your rights. They are in the wrong in my opinion. You paid for it, possess it and for them to change their mind after letting you take it after giving you a paid bill of sale is ludicrous
ya i was just arranging pickup and loan was done and insurance on soon as i purchased i will take them to court snd see how it ends i dont mind spending a few thousand to teach some people a lesson not sure what the expect and i cant kind find any replacements so lawyer said all the legal requiments needed to make a valid contract i have just a reall piss off tho

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i was just arranging pickup and loan was done and insurance on soon as i purchased i will take them to court snd see how it ends i dont mind spending a few thousand to teach some people a lesson not sure what the expect and i cant kind find any replacements so lawyer said all the legal requiments needed to make a valid contract i have just a reall piss off tho
I would just go grab your stuff.
Nothing they can do about it.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they cashed the check, I would just go pick it up, it is legally yours. I wouldn't even ask or warn them, just show up and take it. If they haven't got the money it's a bit tougher, they could claim they weren't paid etc unless you have a way to prove it.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they cashed the check, I would just go pick it up, it is legally yours. I wouldn't even ask or warn them, just show up and take it. If they haven't got the money it's a bit tougher, they could claim they weren't paid etc unless you have a way to prove it.
Have text convo they received the cheque just didnt deposit it, and they wrote on the check (inc) as i didnt write that just there company name they sat on the cheque for days and texted they got it and all was good, then phoned later and said deals off but as the way lawyer explained it once invoice was done legally tanks were mine because say something happened to them legally i would of been at a loss and invoice says paid in full at the sale date

Megrizzly

Reaction score
Have text convo they received the cheque just didnt deposit it, and they wrote on the check (inc) as i didnt write that just there company name they sat on the cheque for days and texted they got it and all was good, then phoned later and said deals off but as the way lawyer explained it once invoice was done legally tanks were mine because say something happened to them legally i would of been at a loss and invoice says paid in full at the sale date
Cancel the cheque and walk away. Nothing has changed hands at this point and with the seller changing their mind, your not going to get anywhere. The larger nh3 tanks aren't common to see listed, but there will be more tanks that come on the market. The seller likely received information on their replacement (can't get it, replacement is too expensive) or that they undervalued the tanks they were selling.

Without all the facts on the table from both parties, it is childish to "teach them a lesson", blast them on social media, or get the lawyers involved. Should have been much clearer in your earlier posts that the cheque was never cashed.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cancel the cheque and walk away. Nothing has changed hands at this point and with the seller changing their mind, your not going to get anywhere. The larger nh3 tanks aren't common to see listed, but there will be more tanks that come on the market. The seller likely received information on their replacement (can't get it, replacement is too expensive) or that they undervalued the tanks they were selling.

Without all the facts on the table from both parties, it is childish to "teach them a lesson", blast them on social media, or get the lawyers involved. Should have been much clearer in your earlier posts that the cheque was never cashed.
Does it have to be cashed? If it was recieved by the seller and a bill of sale was given then who's in the wrong? You know what happened don't you? The seller realized he could have sold the tanks for more or got a offer after the sale that was better and wants to cash in. Thats not above board dealings. Its pathetic is what it is.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They new price of new tanks have hole text convo at the time or purchase, so the next day if the tanks werw stole whos insurance would they have been on mine or theres? Deal was done and lawyer agreed legal contract was binding if u no so much about nh3 tanks find me a twin 2000 tank that would pass the new m5 inspections equiped with a nh3 high pressure pump lol ill be waiting, i dindnt get no crazy deal on tanks either i paid a pretty penny for them

What facts do u need? They listed the item i purchased it with a invoice saying paid? Whos in the wrong lol i didnt make the invoice they did, and i didnt list the item they did

Last edited:

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mr megrizzly mb u should read this and see if im missing anything to make it a legal
Contract i think all the requirments are made to make the contract enforcable

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got boned by a dishonest a$$hole with no integrity. It sucks for sure, but ask yourself if you really want that equipment after a long fight over it….what can they do to it in the meantime may destroy it or damage it…..then they say that’s the way it was when you agreed to buy it….then you’ve got more problems….I can’t imagine that the community where you both live is that big that the word won’t spread about how they chose to conduct business….plus a few subtle remarks from you to friends and neighbours would help spread the word….

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got boned by a dishonest a$$hole with no integrity. It sucks for sure, but ask yourself if you really want that equipment after a long fight over it….what can they do to it in the meantime may destroy it or damage it…..then they say that’s the way it was when you agreed to buy it….then you’ve got more problems….I can’t imagine that the community where you both live is that big that the word won’t spread about how they chose to conduct business….plus a few subtle remarks from you to friends and neighbours would help spread the word….
Yep farmers love to gossip and trade info at the coffee shops in these small towns. Lol

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant find a replacemwnr been looking two years there nh3 tanks n i have great pics of the unit not much they can screw with Honestly, equipment several hours away dif towns

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soo, how are the crops gonna weather this heat wave?
We are already suffering and it hasn't started. Total of 1.8" of rain this spring with maybe 6" of snow last winter? My nephew just finished the in crop spraying and said if we don't get some legitimate rain through this heat wave there will be no harvest. bottom leaves on cereals are already getting some yellow showing and the canola is starting to bolt and bloom. Peas look decent still

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had some guys in our area seediny very early april 20-30 for our area there canola not looking so hot very patchy and some in bloom some just coming out of ground, if its as hot as they say its going to be this week ita going to be a tough week on the crops

Megrizzly

Reaction score
Does it have to be cashed? If it was recieved by the seller and a bill of sale was given then who's in the wrong? You know what happened don't you? The seller realized he could have sold the tanks for more or got a offer after the sale that was better and wants to cash in. Thats not above board dealings. Its pathetic is what it is.
Excellent question snopro. Here's what I found after some digging.

Once an agreement is made that the seller will sell "item" to the buyer for $, it is a legal contract. Buyers do tend to have more rights or favouritism from the legal system in case of dispute.
In this case, the seller of the tanks can break the contract, but would owe sledneck_11 compensation. Trouble is that in most cases, the compensation would be exceeded by the lawyers fees. Also, the seller is responsible for the condition of the equipment until seller takes possession.

Finally, there have been several large nh3 caddies listed for sale with or without pumps over the past few months. Not much now, but a few pop up periodically.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellent question snopro. Here's what I found after some digging.

Once an agreement is made that the seller will sell "item" to the buyer for $, it is a legal contract. Buyers do tend to have more rights or favouritism from the legal system in case of dispute.
In this case, the seller of the tanks can break the contract, but would owe sledneck_11 compensation. Trouble is that in most cases, the compensation would be exceeded by the lawyers fees. Also, the seller is responsible for the condition of the equipment until seller takes possession.

Finally, there have been several large nh3 caddies listed for sale with or without pumps over the past few months. Not much now, but a few pop up periodically.
Ya trouble is the tanks that have been coming for sale are the big twin 2400s and prob to much for us in our hills the twin 2000 was a perfect fit, in this case compensation will out weight the lawyer fees by far with current replacement costs of a twin 2000 with pump is around 150-160 have to compare exact comparables to get a fair assumption of actual value as a twin 2400 is useless to me sadly or i would have dropped it but they were extremely rude with me so here we are lol

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Silage pit is coming along.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey….got a spraying question…..is it sensible to spray roundup on my roads during this heat or should I wait for cooler weather?

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Where was this dealer from?, I may have missed it in another post.

Top Bottom