Farmer talk

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey….got a spraying question…..is it sensible to spray roundup on my roads during this heat or should I wait for cooler weather?
How much do you have to do?
Doesn't hurt to try.

If you can get it in late at night or early morning, give the plant time suck it back you will get a real good kill cause the plant is still trying to grow but stressed by the heat already.

Next best option would be after the next rain, so the plant is growing hard.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How much do you have to do?
Doesn't hurt to try.

If you can get it in late at night or early morning, give the plant time suck it back you will get a real good kill cause the plant is still trying to grow but stressed by the heat already.

Next best option would be after the next rain, so the plant is growing hard.
This makes a lot of sense.
I too have a weed problem on about a 1/4 acre in my yard and desperately need to spray soon. As I can't pull them out fast enough!!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This makes a lot of sense.
I too have a weed problem on about a 1/4 acre in my yard and desperately need to spray soon. As I can't pull them out fast enough!!
Gravel vs grass is a totally different ball game.

You spray your grass in this heat you will burn it bad, if not kill it.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some pictures from the field today…

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain man. I have canola starting to bloom and canola going out of bloom at the same time. Was a fantastic crop last week. Cereals look the same. yellow bottom leaves and can see every row. Lots of guys around here don't think we'll pull the combines out this year. In southern Alberta this heat 27-38 degrees is with us for 2 more weeks with a couple nights a chance of showers. Our goose is cooked I believe.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O boy crops are hurtin today was looking so good me nor dad have ever seen a drought like this this early in the season

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O boy crops are hurtin today was looking so good me nor dad have ever seen a drought like this this early in the season
We had a real bad one in 2002.
So been just about 20 years, due for another.

Not gonna look at crops, nothing a guy can do anyways better off going to the lake then watching them burn up.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain man. I have canola starting to bloom and canola going out of bloom at the same time. Was a fantastic crop last week. Cereals look the same. yellow bottom leaves and can see every row. Lots of guys around here don't think we'll pull the combines out this year. In southern Alberta this heat 27-38 degrees is with us for 2 more weeks with a couple nights a chance of showers. Our goose is cooked I believe.
Buy extra hail and pray for the big white combine.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
you don't have those big irrigation sprinklers Ken????

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
No sir. Water rights are through the roof. Cheaper to buy more land haha
I just remember always seeing them in Southern AB travelling with the family as a youngster, and even last fall when we went down to Milo for that B-day party there was a lot of them around.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck through this weather snowandmud farmers. I think about y’all in dem hot dry prairies everyday. Thx for the work and food guys!
How is this weather affecting the MaryJane production?

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
How is this weather affecting the MaryJane production?
She’s was a struggle for outdoor ones. They need water/feed every day.
Some/a lot of the indoor guys simply just shut off their lights and left the plants in the dark and ran the air conditioners only.
I haven’t heard of the carnage yet.
I dunked my 4 chickens in a 5 gallon water bucket to cool them down.
That’s the lower mainland lowdown for ya!

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She’s was a struggle for outdoor ones. They need water/feed every day.
Some/a lot of the indoor guys simply just shut off their lights and left the plants in the dark and ran the air conditioners only.
I haven’t heard of the carnage yet.
I dunked my 4 chickens in a 5 gallon water bucket to cool them down.
That’s the lower mainland lowdown for ya!
was the water boiling?

Top Bottom