Farmer talk

theseeker

Reaction score
Anybody else seed dekalb 7345 canola this year, we just got finished swathing it and so far are very disappointed. The pods are next to empty and alot of the the top ones are shrivelled up and quite a few aborted pods. The last few years we've been using 3455 dekalb and have always had good luck with it but this 7345 was just disappointing to say the least.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theseeker, sounds like your plants look like the picture I posted earlier? I think it has to do with the heat during flower but we had it in all 3 varieties we grew (pioneer protector, L130, and 5440). We have one quarter left to swath, the pioneer protector (sclerotinia resistant) and it is flat as a pancake.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is Dekalbs 100th anniversary custom chopper. Suppose to be auctioned off for charity. Any guess what it brings?

uploadfromtaptalk1346188266930.jpg

Sent while not working too hard

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
This is Dekalbs 100th anniversary custom chopper. Suppose to be auctioned off for charity. Any guess what it brings?

View attachment 134960

Nice looking chopper. Those big companies doo a lot for charity! We need to get some of them on our side for some of our "land issues".............J/S

If it was a prominent shop that made it, my guess would be that it would bring in just under $100 grand.....for whatever that's worth!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember kids. Slow down, and don't get panicked during harvest. Or try to do several jobs at once.
Now I have to use a trailer from the super b, and we're going to get a new auger tomorrow.
uploadfromtaptalk1346219675519.jpg
Not the ideal way to end a day.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That auger looks like my bosses auger, bran new 13 with a remote swing, unloading super b in dark and thought auger swung out, pulled a head and ran over with center wheels. Next morning just stayed away from shop. Then out combining, get call on radio to bring service truck to three mile corner. Get there and boss has auger on side of road. When he was crossing intersection the lift cable on swing auger let loose and he dragged in down the road. Bent little wheel and pull of tire, a couple good stiff drinks that night fixed everything.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That auger looks like my bosses auger, bran new 13 with a remote swing, unloading super b in dark and thought auger swung out, pulled a head and ran over with center wheels. Next morning just stayed away from shop. Then out combining, get call on radio to bring service truck to three mile corner. Get there and boss has auger on side of road. When he was crossing intersection the lift cable on swing auger let loose and he dragged in down the road. Bent little wheel and pull of tire, a couple good stiff drinks that night fixed everything.

Chitty luck. That one was remote swing as well. Picked up another one just like it.

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of our augers is a 10" but it doesn't have the fancy remote or hydraulic swing. You actually have to swing it manually. But we had the cable let go a couple times going down the road. Lucky for us it never damaged anything on the hopper

Top Bottom