Farmer talk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3/4" of rain and some nasty wind last night. Getting ready to start swathing some canola and maybe straight cut some wheat if it's not too wet.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will start cutting some canola this weekend or early next week most likely. Looks good so far, but we'll see. I'm thinking there should be plenty of "stuck" pictures this year for at least a few of us!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3/4" of rain and some nasty wind last night. Getting ready to start swathing some canola and maybe straight cut some wheat if it's not too wet.

You'll be happy you didn't have any canola laid down when that wind hit Johnny. The Hutts up here have piles 5-6 ft high where it all bunched up and caught on fencelines I guess. Thats gotta be disheartening.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys any of you between Calgary/Edmonton have any 13.5% wheat? Need 1000 MT from now until Oct delivery. PM if you have. Tks

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345257452.461457.jpg
Started combining the peas today.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are right snowpro, they are both built at the same factory. Double rotor and single rotor. There is a big difference in the number of each made but I cannot remember which one....

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are right snowpro, they are both built at the same factory. Double rotor and single rotor. There is a big difference in the number of each made but I cannot remember which one....

Double rotor is the new Holland. I believe there are 3 case combines to every 1 new Holland combine.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking of double rotors, here is a good one.

We were at a farm show a couple years back and we were talking with a monsanto rep. We asked him how they can actually have such a good grasp on which new varieties are best, because your test plot or test location is fairly small compared to the area you're trying to place seed on.

His response, "well we have thousands of test sites around our region and within those test sites there is probably 200 varieties tested in different population, and other variables. See monsanto runs like 3 of those twin rotor combines to take these plots out. So they can actually harvest 2 different varieties at once and see the yields on the display."

Haha spoken like a true office man. We didnt argue with him but as we were walking away i jokingly asked dad which model had 2 feeder houses, 2 rotors, 2 cleaning shoes, 2 clean grain elevators, and 2 grain tanks, etc.

Lol that was unbelievable, i couldnt hardly believe somebody could be so dumb.

Sent while not working too hard

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking of double rotors, here is a good one.

We were at a farm show a couple years back and we were talking with a monsanto rep. We asked him how they can actually have such a good grasp on which new varieties are best, because your test plot or test location is fairly small compared to the area you're trying to place seed on.

His response, "well we have thousands of test sites around our region and within those test sites there is probably 200 varieties tested in different population, and other variables. See monsanto runs like 3 of those twin rotor combines to take these plots out. So they can actually harvest 2 different varieties at once and see the yields on the display."

Haha spoken like a true office man. We didnt argue with him but as we were walking away i jokingly asked dad which model had 2 feeder houses, 2 rotors, 2 cleaning shoes, 2 clean grain elevators, and 2 grain tanks, etc.

Lol that was unbelievable, i couldnt hardly believe somebody could be so dumb.

Sent while not working too hard

Bahahahaha! I'll share that with my dad.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well...... guess it's that time to go and fire up the tractor and get some cutting done, before it get`s too hot today.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled some canola off my irrigation. It has had a ton of water and lots of fertilizer, 140 aborted pods. Not good.
CC67D8D0-851A-4E96-898F-67369B86F095-5754-00000A7549CED9A5.jpg

Top Bottom