Farmer talk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll keep you in mind. Lol. Muffman is looking and then there is still some unfinished business of my own to finish up. :D

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll keep you in mind. Lol. Muffman is looking and then there is still some unfinished business of my own to finish up. :D
Haha we have all the man power we need here. Muffman is the one that needs workers.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
were north of edm. and still waitng for wheat to get below 15.4. 1500 ac canola has been down 2 weeks now, about 600 ac wheat, all we have done so far is about 80 ac, it's ging to be nice this week so look out 2 combines and 200 ac a day won't take long.

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here in the general vacinity of SE of Sherwood Park, selling round bales of grass hay , small % of Alpha is okay.

Yes it's for horse's......and yes we can haul it.

I could talk to the wife, see what she says.....

pm me.

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I have to say a HUGE thanks to everyone who farms... Before I had an acreage, I never really understood the pressure of farming, like I do now. Mother Nature is the Boss!

This year was tough. Gotta keep the horses fed. Good job, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of people have no clue how tough farming is... Most people just see the super B loads of grain being sold and they don't realize how much money was put into that crop... And that still doesn't mean your going to get a crop is mother nature says soI'm glad to see people to appreciate the work and time farmers put into feeding the earth :)

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of people have no clue how tough farming is... Most people just see the super B loads of grain being sold and they don't realize how much money was put into that crop... And that still doesn't mean your going to get a crop is mother nature says soI'm glad to see people to appreciate the work and time farmers put into feeding the earth :)

yes my hat off to all you growers!! I have been calling several organic feed barley growers and unfortunately several of them have lost their crop due to excessive moisture this year. If harvest was great then markets are down, if harvest was poor markets are high but nothing to sell. Hope you all keep your blood pressure checked :)

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would rather have lots to sell at a low price, then to have nothing at a high price.

Sent from my Desire HD

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You and me go pickin' in the dark
Run 7 mph till we fill our cart
Sittin in the cab and watchin the stalks.
Where the cool breeze blows
Down by the waterway in the full moonlight
We'll be pickin corn till the middle of the night!

Yes I had some time on my hands while hauling grain :p lol

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You and me go pickin' in the dark
Run 7 mph till we fill our cart
Sittin in the cab and watchin the stalks.
Where the cool breeze blows
Down by the waterway in the full moonlight
We'll be pickin corn till the middle of the night!

Yes I had some time on my hands while hauling grain :p lol

Genius! Hahaha!

How's everyone's crops looking? We finished our canola last night, and total average was 55 quite easily. Started on wheat today and first quarter got 75 bushels.

Sent from my Desire HD

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You do canola before wheat? Lol we got our barley done, the rest of the day on wheat and we'll be done that. Our canola is testing around 5. What we do is pour water in with the canola when it's getting loaded up to be sold. It works really well and it's easy money. Has anyone else tried this?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did this year, cause it was ready first. Can't say I've ever tried that.

Sent from my Desire HD

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It works really well, it's wet going in the truck, but give it an hour and you'd never know... It just adds extra weight to the stuff that's really dry

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always thought about that - easy money for sure. Water is heavy - it doesn't take much to start adding up. How do you control the amount of water so you don't end up sending wet grain in though? There seems to be lots of products out there to help dry the grain, but nothing really to accurately measure moisture levels in the bin. I've heard of some companies getting into moisture cables for bins lately but haven't heard much about them and how they work really - anyone have them? We tried running the fans a couple times when it was really humid out to add some moisture - seemed to help for sure, but no way to know when it's enough. Temperature cables are good but don't help with 'fine tuning' moisture content. It'd be nice to be able to ship all grain as close to its dry limit as possible.

No canola this year, but so far the wheat has been around 60bu/acre. We had pretty good hail damage in places and then the drought in the spring and monsoons in the summer didn't help things either. :mad: But what can you do:beer::beer:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Genius! Hahaha!

How's everyone's crops looking? We finished our canola last night, and total average was 55 quite easily. Started on wheat today and first quarter got 75 bushels.

Sent from my Desire HD

I wanta puke you black soiled bastage!

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just used the water truck and let the water trickle in... But I'm still not sure how we always get lucky.... Just let the water trickle in slowly and it works. We haven't sent in a wet load of canola yet. And when your unloading the bin is when you add water, so it has time to move around'n stuff before the train hauls it out

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (7 members and 0 guests)
Holy cow what a popular thread.

Looks like the sun is suppose to shine for the first time in a week tomorrow so that should help get the beans to 13%. gonna try them tomorrow around noon. I just hope everything goes good the first day. you all know how nerve racking it can be getting started even though everything is fixed and gone through.

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.

Underdog, that's a pretty decent yield. What variety of wheat was it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom