Farmer talk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody doing any combining yet? Some guys are going on peas and barley down here with alot of Canola swathed in our area.:D:D

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody doing any combining yet? Some guys are going on peas and barley down here with alot of Canola swathed in our area.:D:D
Gonna do some custom work this weekend. Between 2 swathers cutting, me hauling grain, and still having to work on combines...... It's going to be an interesting week.

On the bright side, only 10 more super b loads to go to the elevator. at 3 a day... should finish up on saturday!

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not going yet, should start cutting something next week, still godda make hay lol. My buddy is Sask. Is combing canola already,,,, mind you that was volunteer stuff coming up, the only crops that they got was volunteer conola

slednecks11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We ran a sample of some canola the other day and it averaged out to 12 so hopefully a couple days then the fun starts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Washed the combine today and looks like we are done playing "rubber duckie" for this year

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine gets a wash job tomorrow. Just finishing the last of the service on it today.Hope to be going on wheat by next weekend.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine gets a wash job tomorrow. Just finishing the last of the service on it today.Hope to be going on wheat by next weekend.

We washed ours now we gotta fix a few small things and service it and just wait for about a month until the dust flies

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have the big combine ready to go. Now to get the walkers ready.

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im still laive posts if anyone cares.. :p

lots of harveesting going on here now... been dry for a whole week believe it or not.. first one all summer

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
im still laive posts if anyone cares.. :p

lots of harveesting going on here now... been dry for a whole week believe it or not.. first one all summer

I was thinking you're: 1. up to your eyeballs in harvesting, 2. on a cruise somewhere, 3. not liking the new S&M, 4. died and gone to heaven......

Thanks for letting everyone know......I'm sure there were some concerns!

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does frost affect the crops you grow down there?
Frost is never good but if the corn is black layered it will be ok and if the beans are done filling it won't be too bad on them either except they go from 13% moisture to 9% instantly!

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been going for over a week here, peas are all off hopefully starting wheat today or the next and the canola is just getting cut..things are getting busy

T

TracksCanada

We just finished green Lentils yesterday. Three combines 2 Case/IH and one JD all running flex headers. Feilds really varied from 15 to 25 per acre and only 2 to 3 miles apart.
Started on spring wheat yesterday afternoon, running about 42 / acre (nice crop for around here) got rained out last night while fixing hydraulic hose on unloading auger. We had changed the rear axle, grain pan, sieves (basically whole a$$ end) from a IH 1480 into a 1460. Should have seen the bad hose when we did the work but missed it. Lots of rain here today. Went and looked at Canary seed crop, still too green yet and want to seed winter wheat on that stuble.

Good thread.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just finished green Lentils yesterday. Three combines 2 Case/IH and one JD all running flex headers. Feilds really varied from 15 to 25 per acre and only 2 to 3 miles apart.
Started on spring wheat yesterday afternoon, running about 42 / acre (nice crop for around here) got rained out last night while fixing hydraulic hose on unloading auger. We had changed the rear axle, grain pan, sieves (basically whole a$$ end) from a IH 1480 into a 1460. Should have seen the bad hose when we did the work but missed it. Lots of rain here today. Went and looked at Canary seed crop, still too green yet and want to seed winter wheat on that stuble.

Good thread.
I've heard that that Canary seed is awful stuff to work with.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good thread.

who do you sell your canary seed to? I ship some volume to Japan on a spot basis? I have a couple container loads on the water as we speak.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Good thread.

and you are from where?????? Tuktoyuktuk, I don't think so.......hahaha

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
Harvest is on the way in MB, Canola yields anywhere from 7 to 32 b/ac, will be a below average crop. Oats, 60 b/ac, again below average crop will be harvested. Wheat, 45-60 b/ac, with a 55 lb bushel weight! average to above average crop. Timothy, 300-700 lbs/ac, above average, Perennial Ryegrass, 700-900lbs/ac, strong average crop. Over all MB will have a below average crop!

Good luck boys, i will give more updates as we roll!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Harvest is on the way in MB, Canola yields anywhere from 7 to 32 b/ac, will be a below average crop. Oats, 60 b/ac, again below average crop will be harvested. Wheat, 45-60 b/ac, with a 55 lb bushel weight! average to above average crop. Timothy, 300-700 lbs/ac, above average, Perennial Ryegrass, 700-900lbs/ac, strong average crop. Over all MB will have a below average crop!

Good luck boys, i will give more updates as we roll!

Guess there will be no Swaggerville in the farming community in Manitoba this year. Lol. How much of the crop didn't get seeded because of the spring flooding?

Top Bottom