Farmer talk

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So who’s filling their diesel tanks with what’s going on. Thoughts? 3-4 cents covers the spread from burning winter fuel in summer time …

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So who’s filling their diesel tanks with what’s going on. Thoughts? 3-4 cents covers the spread from burning winter fuel in summer time …
Was told 1.20 a litre even if i take a triaxle worth couldnt even gurantee me that price

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of you keeners know how you might think this whole Ukraine deal will affect fertilizer prices? I'm wondering because I have no idea but do farmers still plant or harvest crops in a country when another country is invading them or do they just hunker down? Ukraine is a player in the global grain markets.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was told 1.50 a litre even if i take a triaxle worth couldnt even gurantee me that price

Wow , no offence your getting the shaft I’d be shopping around. Ordered 10,000 gal today 1.16

I know a guy should have filled up the tanks last fall when it was under a buck just like ordering the gly when it was 8 should have bought a super b load not just 10 totes worth

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow , no offence your getting the shaft I’d be shopping around. Ordered 10,000 gal today 1.16

I know a guy should have filled up the tanks last fall when it was under a buck just like ordering the gly when it was 8 should have bought a super b load not just 10 totes worth
ch!t my mistake my price was 1.20 didnt relalize i wrote 1.50

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya i bought a bunch of roundup at 7 bucks a litre but not enough had to buy some at 13 here a month or so back worst thing on the farm currently was nh3 prices dam wel near trippled

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of you keeners know how you might think this whole Ukraine deal will affect fertilizer prices? I'm wondering because I have no idea but do farmers still plant or harvest crops in a country when another country is invading them or do they just hunker down? Ukraine is a player in the global grain markets.

Ukraine has the best soil in the world.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got all my fertilizer pricing locked now. If the price crashes near seeding time I’m going to feel like a total idiot.

Ukraine is a big producer of flax so I’m switching some canola acres to flax.
We locked ours in about a month ago. It got to the point where there was a concern We wouldn’t be able to get any at all if we waited any longer. Nephew has pre ordered and taking possession of all our herbicides as well as rumours of shortages there as well.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a year like this its just better to have the fert in the bin the seed on the farm and all the spray and diesel in tbe tank its crazy had to order our liberty spray before xmas and wasnt even given a price, had a nervouss break down snow checked a 850t when i went into redhead for rockpicker parts, then found out later that day diesel was up over 1.20. Only nice thing is some locked in grain prices off combine for good prices next year atleast

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a year like this its just better to have the fert in the bin the seed on the farm and all the spray and diesel in tbe tank its crazy had to order our liberty spray before xmas and wasnt even given a price, had a nervouss break down snow checked a 850t when i went into redhead for rockpicker parts, then found out later that day diesel was up over 1.20. Only nice thing is some locked in grain prices off combine for good prices next year atleast

1.20 is prob cheap this week now
Just working on pricing/ordering some herbicides

Maybe flax will resort back to $50 I know a guy who didn’t sell at $45

$14 wheat tonight. I assume some targets will have hit
$15 tomorrow?? Where is the top

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1.20 is prob cheap this week now
Just working on pricing/ordering some herbicides

Maybe flax will resort back to $50 I know a guy who didn’t sell at $45

$14 wheat tonight. I assume some targets will have hit
$15 tomorrow?? Where is the top
Up the limit already today.

Sitting on all our wheat, getting twitchy.

Picture is price of wheat in 2008 adjusted for inflation, and I think the supply crunch is worse right now.
Black hole created by undelivered Ukrainian March contracts.
Screenshot_20220304-084929.jpg

Top Bottom