sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Todays pricing in Lethbridge area...

N $1263/ton
P $1344/ton
K $1075/ton

Roundup is $14/L.

Think we will hit $1500/ton N by the spring?
I hope not were in a pickle unsure what to do we run nh3 on hole farm and we cant lock in price till new year as thats the policy, was .44 cent a pound last year was .78 a few days ago allready

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a broker offer me $17.25/bu for yellow peas picked up. Wish I had some to sell, all my left overs have been cleaned for seed. Also said $8.20/bu for oats picked up in January.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a broker offer me $17.25/bu for yellow peas picked up. Wish I had some to sell, all my left overs have been cleaned for seed. Also said $8.20/bu for oats picked up in January.
Could you send his info my way as well? I have some left to go.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FDb1MDEXoAInGAv.jpg

What are the odds that this gets spun as "greedy farmers" ?

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bills are due had enough contracted in oct,nov to cover bills it was a tough year on the farm and ofcourse 0 grain movement and have to go to bank to figure something out to get bills paid and cost me more money. This elevator bullch!t really gets me of i wanted my grain delivered in jan i woulda contracted it at the 40 cents higher prices its the same every year but its getting to the point where im just not going to do any fall contracts

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bills are due had enough contracted in oct,nov to cover bills it was a tough year on the farm and ofcourse 0 grain movement and have to go to bank to figure something out to get bills paid and cost me more money. This elevator bullch!t really gets me of i wanted my grain delivered in jan i woulda contracted it at the 40 cents higher prices its the same every year but its getting to the point where im just not going to do any fall contracts
Drives me nuts too.
Makes it even more interesting when its the elevator you bought your inputs from and they want you to pay up but they won't take delivery of the contracted grain.

These contracts have gotten so one sided it mind numbing. They should be fined or charged storage fees if they can't take delivery.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drives me nuts too.
Makes it even more interesting when its the elevator you bought your inputs from and they want you to pay up but they won't take delivery of the contracted grain.

These contracts have gotten so one sided it mind numbing. They should be fined or charged storage fees if they can't take delivery.
Ya in the contracts they got 90 days wiggle
Room, me i dont have wiggle room on my input and seed bills, i had a lengthy convo today with elevator basically got told where to go when i said i wanted to start negotiating either act of god clause or shorten the delivery window to 4 weeks past month due date i said i am the one who is taking all the risk and this year after the dick arounf with contract buyouts and how they acted i not rolling over so easy i told them cut me a loan im good for it lol they didnt find that funny. Its not canola its all contracts and they blaming the bc floods i said ya that would effect this month but bc wasnt flooded in october

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im worried about the actual amount availability. I pulled the trigger on the rest of my needs. Urea at 1300.00 is scary.

Cost me 70000.00 to buy out contracts and now im waiting to deliver grain that is due for delivery. Im just gonna go out on a limb and say I wont be seeing a premium for delay due to act of god.

Top Bottom