Farmer talk

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So who is writing the biggest cheaque to buy out their futures contract this year?

Funny how that act of god clause disappeared......

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So who is writing the biggest cheaque to buy out their futures contract this year?

Funny how that act of god clause disappeared......
None here. I won't sign a contract without an act of god clause in it. I know some guys that are pretty depressed right now that forward priced stuff and don't have the grain to fill the contracts.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So when will the markets surge a bit more to fill that void of grain they aren’t getting from the contracts
Said I’d sell some durum at $20. Did.
Now 25??
Lentils never gave in to the 50 think there’s bit of room. They are being bullish on what they think is out there to actually out there Hint much less. Much like durum market.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So when will the markets surge a bit more to fill that void of grain they aren’t getting from the contracts
Said I’d sell some durum at $20. Did.
Now 25??
Lentils never gave in to the 50 think there’s bit of room. They are being bullish on what they think is out there to actually out there Hint much less. Much like durum market.

Is durum really $25 now? I sold 75% at $20.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is durum really $25 now? I sold 75% at $20.

No. Viterra went to 21.75 yesterday. Day b4 were 18.25 Pulled back a buck today.

Playing with 20’ crop carry over yet
First time it ever paid big to hang onto durum, lentils wheat. Crop isn’t plentiful but with prices will be ok -Not a new pick up truck yr

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had this roll through today... whatever crop was still out would not have faired well... and this is an hour after the storm went through.

I don't have small paws either.
Screenshot_20210901-194019_Snapchat.jpg
Snapchat-1852576275.jpg

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they did, kindersley area got it too last week. Seem to be getting all of July hail storms all of a sudden.

We watched this storm go from a cloud you we confused how it could have rain coming out of it to a super cell in a matter of a half hour. We listened to constant rolling thunder for about 40 minutes... that hail was 6 miles from the farm yard we working in. And that crazy thing was I don't know if we got above +20 today..

And this was how foggy it was this morning at 7 am... the pucker truck is maybe 75 meters away.

View attachment 242389

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
None here. I won't sign a contract without an act of god clause in it. I know some guys that are pretty depressed right now that forward priced stuff and don't have the grain to fill the contracts.
Are you asking them to put it back in or do certain companies still have it?

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Family in Alberta sold some Canola today for 20.90

Hopefully it will rally a little bit more here.

Might take till nov dec when lots of these contracts are called and guys only have 1/3-1/2 of what they contracted
Heard rumours of some huge buyouts in the area 1 mil is biggest so far

Honestly I don’t feel sorry for the guys that signed up silly amounts. They signed it thinking was to their advantage. Forgot sometimes it doesn’t rain. Been quite a few years but only takes 1 to ruin 3-4 good years

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice SW wind today and my buddy the organic farmer south of me. County made him swath his chickpeas because of the out of control kochia again this year. FML.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice SW wind today and my buddy the organic farmer south of me. County made him swath his chickpeas because of the out of control kochia again this year. FML.
View attachment 243215
View attachment 243217
How many acres of chickpeas? I have a drylands corner that got away on me but I just had crop insurance look at it and it's getting disked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom