Farmer talk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard recently the bugs were worse this year as a result of farmers abandoning crops and not using pesticides as a result. Any truth to this?
Yeah lots of guys won't spend the extra cash on a crop thats for the most part a write off. Thus the bugs reign of terror begins.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you put in your red lentil target. If it didn’t hit yet may want to pull it and up price

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0439.jpg

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put in $20 durum target after dinner. Pulled it at 4:45 next week place higher one with day or 2 expiry.
Grain buyer laughed at me 2 weeks ago when I said lentils will blow past 50 cents, $20 durum. Wrong on the canola so far but I think $30 is coming
I called him this week to let him know my choice is whiskey and didnt we bet a bottle Instant nope haha
Viterra did pull 50 cent bid late today but etg is 52 Rumor is that they have bunch of contracts that can’t/won’t be filled due to drought/ AOG. Ships coming for lentils end of September and no product to fill them.
Guaranteed they have shook some product loose with 50 cents. Enough for 2 ships remains to be seen
What about the next ones. Rest of world is going to require more than 2 loads lentils
That’s my take. So you know what I’m waiting for more money lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put in $20 durum target after dinner. Pulled it at 4:45 next week place higher one with day or 2 expiry.
Grain buyer laughed at me 2 weeks ago when I said lentils will blow past 50 cents, $20 durum. Wrong on the canola so far but I think $30 is coming
I called him this week to let him know my choice is whiskey and didnt we bet a bottle Instant nope haha
Viterra did pull 50 cent bid late today but etg is 52 Rumor is that they have bunch of contracts that can’t/won’t be filled due to drought/ AOG. Ships coming for lentils end of September and no product to fill them.
Guaranteed they have shook some product loose with 50 cents. Enough for 2 ships remains to be seen
What about the next ones. Rest of world is going to require more than 2 loads lentils
That’s my take. So you know what I’m waiting for more money lol
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:common001:

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canola is a week out at least. It’s not a priority. May even skip the wheat we have left and get into the durum. I have decent hopes for it was seeded first and just looks better than wheat but Not like normal but if it goes half I’ll be smiling As most yields around here are 1/3.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canola is a week out at least. It’s not a priority. May even skip the wheat we have left and get into the durum. I have decent hopes for it was seeded first and just looks better than wheat but Not like normal but if it goes half I’ll be smiling As most yields around here are 1/3.

Durum and canola are basically the same price right now. I'd do the same thing. We have 3 quarters of irrigation canola and I'm guessing the yield will be about 25-30bu/ac. Look at all the lygus bugs on the swather window....

IMG_0437.jpeg

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Grasshoppers -Five gallons a minute in Gravelbourg , my sister sent this

I seen that. You don’t have to go to far from us and it’s not near as pretty feel fortunate to have what we do to combine. 10 miles from us single digit yields across the board. Only place worth combining the canola is water run/ slough

If hoppers moved in that bad. What’s next year like. Will take a few years to thin out

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Durum and canola are basically the same price right now. I'd do the same thing. We have 3 quarters of irrigation canola and I'm guessing the yield will be about 25-30bu/ac. Look at all the lygus bugs on the swather window....

View attachment 241755
Guys have been spraying here like crazy last few weeks. At $20+/bu you spray or knock it down

Top Bottom