Farmer talk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have all our peas in. Starting barley pretty soon. Seeding all the irrigation first as the dryland has next to no moisture. Supposed to rain a little bit today and water is going in the ditch a week from now.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 20 minutes NW of Lethbridge. I wish I could! Gotta make some money to pay for my winters in revy ha ha.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put a quarter of yellow mustard in yesterday but a lot of guys here are done or half done. Some havent started yet as well.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are about ⅓ done planting corn here......some are done other haven't even started yet. Started raining here a week ago Sunday and rained pretty much all week. 2.1 inches in about an hour on Sunday night, dumped another 1.1 inches out on Wednesday and rained all day today so far. Last I looked we were at ¾ of an inch and still coming down. Lakes everywhere here. Big crop is gone for us.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus I should add, cold.......not even 50 degrees. Other day it was raining and 39°F. Very miserable!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We started putting peas in on the 26th, lentils, durum canola and finished up with chick peas on the 14th.. Ulgy winds daily it seamed, and conditions got dryer and dryer

happy we got it in now since we had a great shot of moisture last week, rye was starting to suffer.. all crops out and looking good now, will be spraying in crop later this week, most guys done other than regular slow pokes..

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone is just getting going around here. Lots of guys were working bugs out of machines thur/ fri. Think we're gonna start tues, weds. If we quit breaking stuff while fixing. Been a good week for parts dept @jd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We started putting peas in on the 26th, lentils, durum canola and finished up with chick peas on the 14th.. Ulgy winds daily it seamed, and conditions got dryer and dryer

happy we got it in now since we had a great shot of moisture last week, rye was starting to suffer.. all crops out and looking good now, will be spraying in crop later this week, most guys done other than regular slow pokes..
Ugly wind sounds about how it was here when ppl were going. 25mph+ everyday! Sure hope rain doesn't follow like it did us! I don't wish this mess on anyone!

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
In MB we are just starting, guys started to move last week, but i imagine this week will be full out as we havent had rain in most areas for a week. Wind every day has helped to dry things up. reports on next to nothing for a frost, spring run off went down instead of run off.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only have canola left to seed now. Not sure how excited I am to plant on dryland where there is no moisture and zero rain forecast in the next 2 weeks. Going to try L140P on our irrigation at $845 dollars a bag. Hope it doesn't freeze out.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year we had a killer frost may long weekend, smoked the wheat, peas, lentils, and even durum in lower places.. But it all came back and no reseeding needed.. Hope it don't come back this year.. Canola is the size of a tooney

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only have canola left to seed now. Not sure how excited I am to plant on dryland where there is no moisture and zero rain forecast in the next 2 weeks. Going to try L140P on our irrigation at $845 dollars a bag. Hope it doesn't freeze out.
Still seeding mustard Johnny. Putting it in to dry dirt and pray for rain here. Cant go to the moisture or it will never come out. Good luck to you!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope we get something soon.. Rye will need it real soon.. Seen a statement on Twitter from Ross mchenzie ..

Lethbridge has had 15mm of precip from April 1to May 2 -normal is 40mm & has accumulated 160 growing degree days of heat - normal is 70.

Still seeding mustard Johnny. Putting it in to dry dirt and pray for rain here. Cant go to the moisture or it will never come out. Good luck to you!

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Diff blew on the sprayer this morning. Gonna be $7000+ and 3 days to get parts. Be lucky if I get 100 acres seeded today lol. On the positive side, soil moisture is decent here. Seeding everything on the deep side though.

Top Bottom