Farmer talk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost a third done harvest... what an early year. Waiting on the HRSW now, maybe another 4 or 5 days until it's ready. 2 storm warnings in a row but all they have been is little showers and some wind. Durum is turning pretty fast as well but I think it's another 2 weeks away.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost a third done harvest... what an early year. Waiting on the HRSW now, maybe another 4 or 5 days until it's ready. 2 storm warnings in a row but all they have been is little showers and some wind. Durum is turning pretty fast as well but I think it's another 2 weeks away.

Damn, I may have the peas sprayed next week. I won't need a combine for a couple weeks yet.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started straight cutting some hrsw yesterday and moisture was between 19 and 11 depending where in the field. Cut about 60 acres of dry but the rest needs another few days. Gonna be hot the next 3 days.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canola is swathed and started on durum. Got about 35 acres off before the rain. Now looks wet the next couple days. Weather forecast looks ugly.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well things are behind here. Done peas, came in at a whopping 25bus/ac. 60bus/ac in the low areas and about 8 on the hills. Shortest pea crop I've seen in quite a while. Wheat looks to be about half what we are used to 35-40. Some better that seen some rain early on. Canola looks to be the sleeper if we have time. I think it will run in the 40-50 range. This area needs some moisture come spring or it will be a bad year again next.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well harvest 15 done, cerials did better than thought, sold lentils at 40 last week, and should make good money with them, rest of the crops will be ok if wheat price goes back to normal prices.. Durum/peas will be above average

tried some fab a beans... Never never again..

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well harvest 15 done, cerials did better than thought, sold lentils at 40 last week, and should make good money with them, rest of the crops will be ok if wheat price goes back to normal prices.. Durum/peas will be above average

tried some fab a beans... Never never again..

What went wrong with the fabas? I have some to take in yet.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What went wrong with the fabas? I have some to take in yet.

They started great and handled the late frost better than anything.. Actually killed cerials and froze peas to the ground how bad frost was.. So I had hi hopes for them.. Then drought sat in and had first rain fifth of June.. By then yield was set and it did not look the best, had some Beatles show up in it I never seen before

had them beside lentals that did 22 at harvest and decided to desiccate them same time I desiccated lentals.. Gave them a few more days to dry down, one of the days was the 38c with a good wind and found 90 percent of crop shelled out on ground after.. Less than 6 a acre in the combine.. Bad first and last experience with that crop

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still fields of Barley standing. Lots of canola swathed layin out there... Some guys still finishing hayin. Central Ab

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brother in-law east of edmonton still has at least 2500acres to go ! Barley starting to sprout in swath ! not good !

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They started great and handled the late frost better than anything.. Actually killed cerials and froze peas to the ground how bad frost was.. So I had hi hopes for them.. Then drought sat in and had first rain fifth of June.. By then yield was set and it did not look the best, had some Beatles show up in it I never seen before

had them beside lentals that did 22 at harvest and decided to desiccate them same time I desiccated lentals.. Gave them a few more days to dry down, one of the days was the 38c with a good wind and found 90 percent of crop shelled out on ground after.. Less than 6 a acre in the combine.. Bad first and last experience with that crop

good to know mine have been desiccated about 2 weeks now. I'll go check.

Top Bottom