Farmer talk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having raised many champion show steers over the years.....you are so right.......lean BEEF sounds good, tastes like a worn out CVT belt.........

And they need to be 3/4 angus @ least..............Not just black...!!!

All good things in a steak relate to marbling....IE> No grass FED CRAP........

Last edited:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having raised many champion show steers over the years.....you are so right.......lean BEEF sounds good, tastes like a worn out CVT belt.........

And they need to be 3/4 angus @ least..............Not just black...!!!

All good things in a steak relate to marbling....IE> No grass FED CRAP........

Disagree with the angus thing. They are great animals, but I wouldn't consider them any better than Herefords, Simmental, or Limousin(although their temperament is awful)

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Disagree with the angus thing. They are great animals, but I wouldn't consider them any better than Herefords, Simmental, or Limousin(although their temperament is awful)

Gotta agree with you. Got some Hereford roasts that were amazing.
Never want to see another limo in my feedlot too many C shaped gates and panels thanks to them

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta agree with you. Got some Hereford roasts that were amazing.
Never want to see another limo in my feedlot too many C shaped gates and panels thanks to them
When we were younger and looked out at the feedlot, we thought Limo's were bigger because their heads were so tall. And the first Saler's. I liked feeding Charolais cross and Simmental cross cattle. My Cow herd used to be mostly brockle faced or slash faced cows and Charolais bulls. Smaller cows but had awesome buckskin calves. The Angus association has done some amazing marketing tho

Top Bottom