Farmer shoots shotgun at quad theives....Faces Charges

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I keep my 12 guage defender handy for just those reasons. Comes camping too! Last year over night 30+ quads were stolen in Brazeau. You can never be too prepared! :beer::d:beer: Ya I know I'm a redneck ....

Sledderdoc.....:beer:

Attachments

• sledderdoc.jpg
    sledderdoc.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 186

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have had peeps steal fuel from my yard, funny how fast they scatter when you come after them with a bat! if stealin ch!t in my yard your fair game as i see it...:twocents:

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the farmer could have just shot in the air, that is no reason to take human life. it is not right what they did and do deserve some good ol fashioned tunning in

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the farmer could have just shot in the air, that is no reason to take human life. it is not right what they did and do deserve some good ol fashioned tunning in

use salt shot or sandbags shoot for the legs. if they get away tell the cops to look for bruises cus they will last for weeks. but they shouldnt be able to walk

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife used to belong to a dog club, they posted a response from there laywer on the question about dog signs....and yes it's sad but in todays politically correct world the answer was " dog on Premises"

Our sign now reads Puppy on Premises .....then our 155 lb sheppard/sheep Dog or our 2 year old Great Pyrenees walks up......

One of the neighbors pointed out there no longer puppies....ha I laughed sure they are wait till you see the mother.....

They work so well together....the two big dogs stand in the drive way....wait till the un-expecting stranger gets out....just then the sheltie/heeler fly's around the truck and threaten's to bite your angle....by then the big dogs are right there .....the stranger either leave's or stand's real still and holler.....

Came home one time and some kid was planning on using our driveway to change a flat was sitting in his car to scared to get out and couldn't get out to change his tire.....

Chase the bad guys ....I,'ve done it....they came onto our proberty on a quad and tried to take our truck.....Our dogs stopped at the road, looked back at me running towards them......I turned them loose and jumped in the truck to follow.....the dogs cornered them in some bush about 1/4 mile away, they were trying to hide.......I laughed at the kid when he screamed he would hurt the dogs if I didnt call them off...I warned him if he tried they will attack....

When the RC's arrived I had the kids on the ground and the dogs in the back of the truck....the kids were screaming that the dogs attacked them....the RC's said show me the wounds....there werent any...nothing came of it,but they were charged with left and attempted left, finger prints found inside our locked truck, break in tools found on them as well as CD's, wallets and other stuff from other vehicles....I like having well trained dogs....

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife used to belong to a dog club, they posted a response from there laywer on the question about dog signs....and yes it's sad but in todays politically correct world the answer was " dog on Premises"

Our sign now reads Puppy on Premises .....then our 155 lb sheppard/sheep Dog or our 2 year old Great Pyrenees walks up......

One of the neighbors pointed out there no longer puppies....ha I laughed sure they are wait till you see the mother.....

They work so well together....the two big dogs stand in the drive way....wait till the un-expecting stranger gets out....just then the sheltie/heeler fly's around the truck and threaten's to bite your angle....by then the big dogs are right there .....the stranger either leave's or stand's real still and holler.....

Came home one time and some kid was planning on using our driveway to change a flat was sitting in his car to scared to get out and couldn't get out to change his tire.....

Chase the bad guys ....I,'ve done it....they came onto our proberty on a quad and tried to take our truck.....Our dogs stopped at the road, looked back at me running towards them......I turned them loose and jumped in the truck to follow.....the dogs cornered them in some bush about 1/4 mile away, they were trying to hide.......I laughed at the kid when he screamed he would hurt the dogs if I didnt call them off...I warned him if he tried they will attack....

When the RC's arrived I had the kids on the ground and the dogs in the back of the truck....the kids were screaming that the dogs attacked them....the RC's said show me the wounds....there werent any...nothing came of it,but they were charged with left and attempted left, finger prints found inside our locked truck, break in tools found on them as well as CD's, wallets and other stuff from other vehicles....I like having well trained dogs....
thats funny. This is a little off topic not about thieves but just as bad in my books! my dobie hasnt had to keep the thieves away yet (that i know of) but just two days ago the good ol jehovahs showed up to spiel there chit when ive told em multiple times to beat it, anyways the pup was outside barking like a rabid beast and he started to get out of his car she charged at his driver side door, lets just say he smartly pulled his leg back in and left.:d i love my pup:d and yes i have a security dog sign up.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The FARMER in ? is the man who took me sledding for the first time ever. I have worked with him for years and I'm here to tell you he would NEVER try to kill anyone..PERIOD:nono:!
He has a wonderful wife and great kids and is a true friend. I'm saddened by the very thought of him being pegged the crimanal in this event. All I can say at this point is I'M PROUD OF YA BROTHER!!! and I'm here for what ever you might need.:beer::beer:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
The FARMER in ? is the man who took me sledding for the first time ever. I have worked with him for years and I'm here to tell you he would NEVER try to kill anyone..PERIOD:nono:!
He has a wonderful wife and great kids and is a true friend. I'm saddened by the very thought of him being pegged the crimanal in this event. All I can say at this point is I'M PROUD OF YA BROTHER!!! and I'm here for what ever you might need.:beer::beer:

Perfect example of how the media works ... Jerkoff's

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe is someone is stupid enough to rob you , them you the land owner should be allowed to defend your property and protect your familly.

yea bro... isn it just stupid??... if a burglar falls down your stairs they can charge you...(got that in an email!!)

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should have killed him.Dead thief can't sue you and our justice system doesn't do much about murder.I mean justifiable homicide.

No such thing as a "justice" system in this country, only a "legal" system. Justice has been lost to the lawyers who have lost all common sense.
Let the farmer be. He's just protecting what's his.
Why doesn't the media hi-lite that this jerk crook has been a low life small time crook loser all his life and is just getting a little of what he really deserves. Instead of ruining the farmer's life with how he did the wrong thing. We all know the RC's can't do anything to the jerk. He's lucky he's still breathing, I know lots of people that would have simply made him go away, never to be heard from again, and never say a thing about it.
That's my 2 cents worth.

sledhead65

Reaction score
I entirely sympathize with the farmer. i farm as well and as much as i would want this jerk dealt with in a way that serves to other theives an example..i feel i have a right to defend my property..with my 460 smith and wesson :d i think it may go bad for the farmer...I think the crown is gonna say the thief was ONLY stealing and running away so you had no right to shoot him.. and its too bad.

firearms in the name of reasonable force i think would only apply in a situation where the a..hole is in your house and your kids and wife were in the house.. and then you BETTER kill him cuz he will sue you.

It just pisses me off though that we as citizens dont have any right(s) other than to be a victim in this country. You know if a cop had his home invaded he would be a hero after he wasted the invader,,, you and i would lose our homes to legal fees trying to keep out of jail..

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the little town we live in it is and has always been known to be a little bit wild. RCMP avoid coming out here at all cost so it can get a little out of control. My neighbor actually shot at teenagers who were trying to steal his battery. When we moved in he just hated us, didn't want kids moving in next door so he tried his hardest to make life a living hell for us. I tried so hard to be peaceful and forgiving each time he was mean. (big mean pipeliner/biker) Untill one day he swerved at the kids when he was on his quad. I went nuts. Grabbed an aluminum bat and went straight for him. Told him if he ever swerved at them again I would beat him in the head with a baseball bat. From that day things changed. 2 years later now and he asks that the kids call him Uncle, he gives them presents all the time, his wife is just the greatest blessing to have next door. Not proud of my reaction, but when pushed to the limit everyone has to protect their family and home.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't want to say too much at this point, but the theif was air lifted due to exsposer too the cold......thats it!

rmktony

Reaction score
I think if someone is trying to steal your stuff he should lose all his rights rights there. If he didnt want to be shot at he should have not been there. Maybe he learned his lesson cause the justive system wont teach him anyting.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
In the little town we live in it is and has always been known to be a little bit wild. RCMP avoid coming out here at all cost so it can get a little out of control. My neighbor actually shot at teenagers who were trying to steal his battery. When we moved in he just hated us, didn't want kids moving in next door so he tried his hardest to make life a living hell for us. I tried so hard to be peaceful and forgiving each time he was mean. (big mean pipeliner/biker) Untill one day he swerved at the kids when he was on his quad. I went nuts. Grabbed an aluminum bat and went straight for him. Told him if he ever swerved at them again I would beat him in the head with a baseball bat. From that day things changed. 2 years later now and he asks that the kids call him Uncle, he gives them presents all the time, his wife is just the greatest blessing to have next door. Not proud of my reaction, but when pushed to the limit everyone has to protect their family and home.

Don't ever get between momma bear and her cubs:eek::eek::eek:

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
How do you train a dog to attack? I dont have dogs, but was curious. You dont have to be mean to them to train them to attack, do you? Some dogs are territorial by nature? Interesting, I might be getting an acerage, want a nice size dog to protect my wife when I'm away, but I can't bring myself to be mean to animals just so they attack. Any advice?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you train a dog to attack? I dont have dogs, but was curious. You dont have to be mean to them to train them to attack, do you? Some dogs are territorial by nature? Interesting, I might be getting an acerage, want a nice size dog to protect my wife when I'm away, but I can't bring myself to be mean to animals just so they attack. Any advice?

If you want a gaurd dog, choose a gaurding type breed, if you want a watch dog, choose the apropriate breed there. There are shutzhund clubs which they do teach attack training, to dominant breeds, but I'm not sure if you want to go that far. There are plenty of resources on the Interenet to distinguish which breed is best for you. There is also a book by that name that gives you lots of questionares to fill out and helps you pick the appropriate breed, or even breed cross. The dog doesn't need to actually attack to be effective. You never have to be mean for them to protect you. Loving them will suffice.

Top Bottom