Fancy tape measure????????????

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just like us to spend billions on metric thinking we are big shots, only to realize the big guys to the south are calling the shots. We are the only country in the world to have two systems still. Unless you have your head in the sand and don't have a clue what's going on in the real world.

Last edited:

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
math-is-hard-mmkay.jpg

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every science, engineering and medical based discipline is based on metric because scientists are stupid and can't math. MMKAY

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And in the real world in Canada we still use standard, I had to use all three bases of measurement for a living my whole life. Nothing like measuring with a metric tape and try and make standard plywood work, or converting decimals of a inch to 1/8ths lots of needles tricks you have to learn to make 3 systems work.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like lets say you had to use this tape and you had to cut a chunk of lumber 1 foot 2 and 3/8 inches long. Could you convert that in your head using that tape? Well i can.

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And in the real world in Canada we still use standard, I had to use all three bases of measurement for a living my whole life. Nothing like measuring with a metric tape and try and make standard plywood work, or converting decimals of a inch to 1/8ths lots of needles tricks you have to learn to make 3 systems work.

I'm truly impressed. You are probably waaaaaay ahead of the rest of us.

Would you agree that metric is the best, easiest for the average guy ?

If you had a choice for 1 metric of measure, what would it be ?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Metric is the easiest and best choice for the average guy with the least math involved for everything including volume. I am not impressed at all with the system we have.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have had French metric for 50 years now and we are still in standard, a typical Trudeau move, cost a fortune to screw up the country.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the kids coming out of school can't do standard ... welcome to 50 years of the Trudeau sh!t show. Amazing what low IQ can accomplish.

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the kids coming out of school can't do standard ... welcome to 50 years of the Trudeau sh!t show. Amazing what low IQ can accomplish.

I think what happened was about the early 80's NOBODY failed anything.

I didn't even go to school yet somehow I knew more than my friends and they were passing...fawck

Top Bottom