Fallen Angel

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
My condolances to freinds and family.....Obviously he was a special person.

I hope when my time comes I can deserve the same regards......Then I can look down and say " alright enough already....ride on fellow sledheads"

Live every day like it's your last...because you never do know... RIP

Bogger

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
I just got back from Hinton and opened up the web site. I was shocked to read about the avalanche. I had met Albert a few times. A nice person and he will be missed. My condolances to the Beck family.
Cheers Albert. RIP

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did not know him, it sounds as though he was a great man.

In memory of Albert Beck:

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am the sparkle in the snow.
I am the shredded leaves that blow.
I am the sunlight on growing grain.
I am the gentle summer rain.
I am the quiet bird at night.
Circling about; Taking flight.
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.

May you rest in peace Mr. Beck. You are loved by many.

Condolensces to the Beck family, Ron and all others involved. None of us can comprehend the gravity of your loss.

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was also in Blue River this weekend and talked with many about him. I have never met Albert but from what I have read he was a very special man and loved by all. It saddens me very much to loose one of our own. Peace be with you Albert.

Cookie.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was ironic, I mentioned to the fellows I was riding with on Saturday; I hope on Monday morning we do not here of another avalanche fatality. This is so sad I did not know Albert but he sounded like a top drawer guy. My condolences go to his family. R.I.P. Albert

Billy Boy:cool:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These threads are so hard to read. Condolences to all that must now carry on without a key piece to everything they've ever known. :(

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My family's thoughts and prayers go out to Albert's family and friends.

To Ron and the other riders there on that day... god bless!

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: avy in valemount

I just did a interview on CBC TV about Albert. This is getting hard to do.
Albert was being safe and avalanches still got him without much warning. JMHO but ride extra careful if you still want to head to the hills better yet stay home and rebook
Thanks
Look at "Fallen Angel" thread

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

Glen should be on the news at 6pm. I was there for the interview and Glen did a great job of making it clear Albert was playing safe.
Albert was being safe and avalanches still got him without much warning. JMHO but ride extra careful if you still want to head to the hills better yet stay home and rebook
Thanks

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Glad to hear because the reject posters on the article comments section pretty much spout off whatever they want and put the blame solely on the rider...I haven't rode the mountains yet but I'd sure love to be able too when I'm ready and I hate how ignorant people clump every situation into the same ball of wax...:rant:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks

God Bless Albert and his family. I hope for Alberts' sake that the news portrays this accident in a positive perspective and not a negitive. Sounds like Albert knew what he was doing and was well prepared. Very sad and an unfortunate accident to say the least..

I'm sure that Sledderglen did a good job of standing for Alberts Honour.

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's tough sledding without a little help from your friends, and Albert helped us all.
He helped many sledding entusiasts in Alberta's Lakeland to build and maintain and keep our sport safe.
Whether on the trail at -30C, relaxing in a community hall with a few hundred enthusiasts, or taking a break by a campfire with stogie in hand, he left an unforgettable impression.
Solid like the Rockies, soft-hearted as the powder thru the Boreal Forest, his character will stay with us forever.
He will be missed.

Terry and Sherry, we all wish you well thru this troubling time.

To Albert's sledding buddies, we share and sympathize with your pain.

Sledders all know that the biggest risk of all might be in missing the natural wonders and joy that our winters can provide.

sledhead65

Reaction score
Have funeral preps been made yet? I would be honored to attend the proceedings, i am not sure if i met this man digging out machines quth Rknight and sledbunnywhen they let me tag along after we were at spindrift on the friday beofre mountan mania.

Let me know please people...

Hershey

Reaction score
To the Beck family.

Our hearts go out to the Beck family. He will be missed lots by family, friends as he had many. If we can do anything for you Terry or Sherry, let us know

Edie and Ron

Top Bottom