Experience With Chrysler?

Full Curl

Reaction score
Got the van back today. Tranny was replaced on the first go and it's been a gremlin chase since. Service man phoned to tell me he had good news. I said "Van blow up and you have a new Laramie 3500 for me to replace it?" Turns out that they have been chasing a wiring plug issue on the trans. for a month! Somebody finally found 2 pins on a connection that were loose and when the plug was put together it wouldn't contact properly. This is the story anyway. So wife picks it up today and I get a phone call at work.
"Got to the first red light and when I stopped, the van was "chugging" or "lurching" while stopped." I sent her back to dealer but everyone was gone for the rest of the weekend. See what happens Monday......:mad:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't any of these shops nowadays do a test drive? I'd be pizzed if that happened to my wife.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Full Curl it sounds like you may have a lemon and a sh!tty dealer, not the best combination. I have one Ram 2500 with 370,000 km on it and no major problems just regular maintenance and another slightly newer 3500 with 60,000 km with the same hassle free results. Anybody can buy a lemon from any auto maker. Hope your dealer wakes up and gets their sh!t together.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to here your pain man...driving loaners all the time gets old. And I know the dealership I work for does test drives after major work....sometimes!
As many have said, ya win some and ya lose some. Have seen many owners come in time and time again over the same problem, and other people when asked how they like it (whatever chrysler product they are driving)..."it's better than the hunk of sh!t __(insert ANY manufacturer here)___ I was driving before, it's treated me well."

It's a crap shoot really.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same BS a while ago. Truck was in because it kept throwing injector codes and was shacking like crazy. Replace 2 injectors and tell me it's fine (it's not), they replace the tranny, does it again replace more injectors, did injectors like 4 times. In the end they pulled the motor on it twice, was pretty much a full rebuild except the crank, tranny to, and still didn't fix it. In the end they said it was injector wiring but it still ran like sh*t, they just didn't know what they were doing, I found out a lot of the time they had an apprentice working on it. So smart, a truck that's coming back all the time because you can't fix it, let's less someone who's learning try to fix it! In the end they told me the foreman was working on it all the time near the end, but he still had no idea about diesels. After taking it in 8 times and them having it for over 3 months I said screw it, sold it and let someone else deal with the lemon i'm tired of it and went to a gasser, because it was over a year span of the same problem and the warranty was almost up to. Chrysler canada is useless, I called them so many times complaining and did nothing, because it was costing me money not having my truck and only getting a car loaner, they told me I was lucky to even get a loaner. All they said was we'll be in contact with the dealer to help them diagnose it. The dealers excuse was I needed to pick the truck up all the time to use it, somehow leaving it there for a month wasn't long enough to fix it. I wanted to take it to Cummins so bad to have them fix it and sue Chrysler, but it would take so long to ever get the money back and be a complete nightmare, it was much easier to just sell it at a loss and be done with it.

Never dealt with any other manufacturer for warranty but dodge is horrible. My mom just bought a truck, with 300km on it, yes 300kms it was having some electrical problem. The dealer wouldn't even provide a loaner, and it took them almost a week to fix it. Great service, spend over $40,000 on a brand new truck not even a week later it's in the shop and you say "oh that's too bad". If it was me they would provide a truck loaner, give me another new one, or they can take the fawking thing back and i'd buy somewhere else.

If I ever bought a new vehicle, i'd get in writing if it's in the shop for more then 2 days they are providing an acceptable loaner for free, and if it's in the shop for more then 30 days with the same problem, they are buying it back.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be able to talk to a area rep. Ask for a meeting with the service manager and area rep. Dealer's can help and with a area rep I would think something can be done.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be able to talk to a area rep. Ask for a meeting with the service manager and area rep. Dealer's can help and with a area rep I would think something can be done.

Good luck. I tried. The best I got was a 3 way call between me, the shop foreman and a rep from chrysler. Refused to let me speak to the area rep. Was a waste of time, it was chrysler saying we'll work with the dealer for a solution, the dealer blaming me for not leaving the vehicle there long enough. If you try to say anything about lawyers, or buying it back, they will just hang up on you, or say go ahead and tell you to pick up your vehicle they won't work on it anymore.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you feel you have to have a Chrysler, Legal Motors only for service. Brown's in Westlock along with a lot of north end Edmonton dealers lose business to them it's not even funny. They have done more than one thing on a family members truck under warranty that isn't warranty at all. Great experiences there.

They did a couple minor warranty things on my SRT8 Charger knowing well the car was modified as well as custom tuned. Didn't bother them at all when I told them not to flash any updates into it ( if they had any). That said the service manager and I had an understanding that if I broke something I wouldn't whine for warranty anyway.

That said, of any brand they are the only dealership I have found in a long time that actually does warranty work and seems to give a damn. I have no better luck with Garbage Motors than most posters in this thread..... at multiple dealers around the province. That said I just don't buy stuff with warranty, never go to a dealer and sell it if it's a lemon!

Last edited:
Top Bottom