Expensive Holiday

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent the last week in Cadomin camping and quadding. Cadomin took it's pound of flesh out of our group. For the quads, we wrecked 2 belts, one axle, one frame, one plastic crack. One machine got speared like it was in a joust.
Of the three 5vers, we suffered 3 blow outs on the way home. I blew 2 tires, lucky my BIL has the same size tires on his trailer. Had to borrow his spare to make it to Kal Tire. My friend had a delam on one of his 10plys. Got a good deal on 8 new tires on Saturday an hour before they closed!
Lucky there was no significant damage to the trailers and nobody got hurt. We all got good practice changing tires....called ourselves the 'Nastcar Pit Crew"!
The tires on my new trailer were date stamped new in 2011. I should have changed them when I got the trailer, regardless of how good they looked and the little wear they showed (previous owner had the trailer parked for most of the last 4 years). Five years on trailer tires my friends. Then replace.
Funny enough, my friend and I also both bought the 10plys at the same time to get a good deal (mine went with the old trailer), about 5 years ago.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not this time. The first belt blew out on the way to the lake of grass. The falls will have to wait till next year.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Visited McKenzie Falls a couple times.
Very nice ride. Forestry was on the trail and trenched it up for erosion control.
20210813_142015.jpg

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the hot tub up and running all week too!
20210809_193927.jpg

Top Bottom