etec plugs

springer

Reaction score
I have 4400+km on my 2011 running with the original plugs. What is the longivity of the plugs on the etec.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some just call it quits for no reason far less km than that. i would swap them out asap just for safety sake as its much harder to do on the hill. keep those as spares. but remember they are indexed plugs

springer

Reaction score
thanks for the info, i think I will get the dealer to change them.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have 1000km on a 2012 800 etec and it lost a plug bringing it out of summer storage

fired up okay and 5 minutes later limping so bad shut it down - was the rewind side plug gone

so replaced both and through out the factory ones

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some just call it quits for no reason far less km than that. i would swap them out asap just for safety sake as its much harder to do on the hill. keep those as spares. but remember they are indexed plugs

Excuse my ignorance, what is an indexed plug?

Billy Boy:cool:

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the etec's the plug gap is aimed a certain direction to work properly which is what he means by indexed, which way its aimed im not sure as I havent pulled mine out yet to see how they were sitting.

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I swapped both of mine on my 2011 and had no clue on how to tell how to index at the time I did it. Lol. Got lucky and set both in proper. But if you don't know what how and they arent correct they wont fire proper. I'd recommend getting your dealer or someone to show you how.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

springer

Reaction score
checking on other sites some quote that the plugs on an etec are good to 10,000km. will be checking with my dealer what they are recomending.

springer

Reaction score
checked with the dealer on plug replacement for the etec and they assure me that the plugs are good for 10.000km. will not be touching mine for a while.

want to ride

Reaction score
You should get them changed. The tops of my plugs were wore into a triangle shape. 1 was even cracked up top. Not many miles on mine

Top Bottom