Engine pics. I believe I'll have some down time...

96sherm

Reaction score
Damn. It gets worse. Took the bottom end to the dealer to have the crank seals replaced since everything was torn down. Turns out my PTO side bearing is effed, split the cage which in turn wrecked the seal and likely is the reason for my PTO side cylinder and piston to be effed. Not a happy camper this morning. Another few hundred buck into the tank...

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's a blessing in disguise.

You will have a solid motor now with no doubts about it.

Damn. It gets worse. Took the bottom end to the dealer to have the crank seals replaced since everything was torn down. Turns out my PTO side bearing is effed, split the cage which in turn wrecked the seal and likely is the reason for my PTO side cylinder and piston to be effed. Not a happy camper this morning. Another few hundred buck into the tank...

96sherm

Reaction score
Yes, likely a blessing in disguise... No telling what extent the damage might have been if I hadn't pulled the bottom out and ran it with the new top end. Hopefully the bearings on the new or "reconditioned" crank are much better than what Polaris used from the factory. If that is the case, my motor will be 1000% better than the day I drove it off the floor. Figure-New crank, seals, oil filter, Boysen reeds, top end from RKTek (bought from Xcelerated Performance, a site sponsor/member) consisting of pistons with the 13:1 head. New fuel filter, throw in new plugs and a handful of other odds and ends, and the thing will be better than new.

My good buddy figures I don't fully comprehend the difference the fixes/modifications will make...I'm hoping he's right, and for once my machine will spank his... Now, I've got to learn to ride to keep up with the machine...lol

Top Bottom