energy drinks DO THEY WORK ????

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if you guys have tryed any of the drinks on the market ? What seems to work for me is the (5- Hour ) energy drink. Had some at Vale in KEYHOLE and once it kicked in I didnt want stop riding.I have found Monster Green works good for a long truck ride to keep the eyes open only problem cant stop talking LOL.Thanks for any feed back .

POWSHREDDER69

Reaction score
5 hour energy works for me, i find that monster and the other drinks get me too wired. plus the guarana in it is not good for you i have heard

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love those 5 hour shots. That is the only thing that really works for me. I think that it is totally an individual thin. I can drink coffee and go to bed no problem a half hour later. Lots of people can't. I do like the taste of the Monster energy drinks, & the UFC drink Xenergy.

Guarana is extracted from a plant. Evidence of excessive consumption from energy drinks, guarana may contribute(alone or with caffeine or taurine), to the onset of seizures in some people. It's like anything, in moderation it's fine, over do it...well we know what happens then....lol.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to do a trip to calgary to pick up sled. left at 2 pm got home at 2 am 6 bottles of those mini red bulls and boy I was wired lol but never fell asleep !

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to do a trip to calgary to pick up sled. left at 2 pm got home at 2 am 6 bottles of those mini red bulls and boy I was wired lol but never fell asleep !

Ever read the recommendations on the bottle? =)

I enjoy a Monster Green when I have to stay awake behind the wheel. I drink copious amounts of coffee during the week. Well, enough anyways. usually before and after work.

Either way, I don't find the mainstream ones (haven't tried 5-hour) to give me energy, just helps stay awake and get a bit of the gitters sometime.

IMO, do they work? No. It's all marketing and people buy it.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are so many monster stickers on the arctic cats in the hills it must work.

anyways. redbull is the only thing that works for me....i still yawn like crazy but it doesnt allow me to close my eyes LOL.

MudPro10

Reaction score
I prefer redbull for the taste and results. The "real" redbull which i used to buy from a asian store used to come in a little brown medicine bottle would blow away any energy drink. And tasted better than redbull outta the can.

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 hour energy is the only thing that works for me. This year me and couple buddies stopped at a gas station and i had a 710ml rockstar and it did nothing besides make me have to pi$$ every 15 mins, lol

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer redbull for the taste and results. The "real" redbull which i used to buy from a asian store used to come in a little brown medicine bottle would blow away any energy drink. And tasted better than redbull outta the can.

haha Rogers pass Gas station still had them up to last yr....the REAL ONE'S:d there's the $hit alright....use RedBull but hurtz at end of day,5hr R good to.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weren't, or aren't those illegal to sell in Canada?

I know the Asians have all the hardcore stuff. They are huge on their energy drinks.

Personally, I don't drink them very often, and as said above, would only use occassionally. I'm not sure what my feelings would be on the asian variety if available here.

That being said, kids these days drink them like cans of pop or water. Crazy what marketing does. (I'm 27, so can't think of me being THAT old). I hope to never have kids... =)

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep some ROCKSTAR's in the fridge at work for that 3pm lul
but what i find works even better, is my pre-gym drink - NOXPLODE lemonade
i drink this BEFORE i head to the gym or play hockey - and i tell ya, it works great

cheaper too - about $69 for a jug that has 1025gm's in it
1 scoop is all it takes and ur good to go
they reccomend not taking it after 8pm - highly suggested

and im 6'1" and 195lbs
2 scoops would stop my heart, im sure of it!! hahaha!

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
monster all the way taste and results. love it. rockstar tasted ok but didnt do much. full throttle tasted ok but didnt do much. i dont like the taste of red bull unless mixed wit spiced rum. 5 hr didnt do nethn for me the one time i tried it.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 hour works the best for me, last year heading to McBride i just felt ill, headed to Renshaw in the morning and could hardly hold onto the handlebars buddy gave me one of his 5hr and i was a new man, climbing jumping,etc.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have tried an energy type drink twice, both time the only action i got was a quick trip to the bathroom .

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got up at 6:00am Drove 3 hours, cut a survey line for 9 hours in 25 degree sun, left to drive home, drank a monster energy drink, had to get my chainman to drive, I couldnt stay awake. They are a farce just like many bottled waters being better than tap water. In my experience anyway.

Top Bottom