Energy distributors in alberta???

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at switching up my energy distributor from Just Energy. What are people running? fixed or variable?? term length? Who to avoid??
thanks

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use Peace Power. Have been good so far, based out of Calgary. We run their variable rate plans, we always pays less per kWh for electricity, not to mention less on the admin fees. We also use the variable rate for gas, and most times pay less than we would on direct energy, except last month it would have been about $8 cheaper on direct energy. You can at any time switch to their fixed rates with 10 days notice.

We have had a couple months where we haven't got power bills and it was added to the next month, but its because a reading hadn't been provided by ATCO and they won't estimate the bill, they just wait a month and bill then.

I think the part I like the best is I call their office and get an Albertan that speaks English, unlike other companies like Direct Energy. Sometimes I have to leave a message and they don't get back to me until the next day but they always resolve my concerns. Only issue I can see for some is they require automatic Debit. You can't pay the bill at your leisure it comes out 3-5 days after the invoice.

https://peacepower.ca/rates/

Top Bottom