ELECTRICIANS NEEDED.....Fort Mcmurray

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello All

I'm currently looking for JM Electricians and Apprentices for a jobs in Fort Mcmurray.

Feel Free to PM or email resumes to me with contact numbers and I should be able to get you going. Drug and Alcohol tests have to been done before employment. CSTS also required.

Steve

Last edited:

dhgreen

Reaction score
Hello All

I'm currently looking for JM Electricians and Apprentices for a job in Fort Mcmurray, camp job with Flights 14/7 shift 10hr days.

Feel Free to PM or email resumes to me with contact numbers and I should be able to get you going. Drug and Alcohol tests have to been done before employment. CSTS also required.

Steve

Hello Steve, I have a person that is interested in the electrical positions. Can you let me know how to get ahold of you? Or the company that is looking for people...Thx

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bump..........Hired one guy off here....anymore interested..

livewired

Reaction score
Hey I'm looking for work...Journeyman Electrician...some industrial experience, just got laid off from a refit of a chemical plant. Are you still looking for people?

canadian madman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CLAC?? I suggest everyone be careful and know what you are getting into before signing up with CLAC for a job. Educate and protect yourself. Talk to others first about their experiences. If you do still decide to proceed then I advise that you get everything in writing ahead of time and don't assume anything. (like getting paid the "proper" rate for overtime) I have personally worked beside some CLAC workers and couldn't beleive how some of them were taken advantage of.

Christian Labor Assoc? Not for me thanks.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CLAC?? I suggest everyone be careful and know what you are getting into before signing up with CLAC for a job. Educate and protect yourself. Talk to others first about their experiences. If you do still decide to proceed then I advise that you get everything in writing ahead of time and don't assume anything. (like getting paid the "proper" rate for overtime) I have personally worked beside some CLAC workers and couldn't beleive how some of them were taken advantage of.

I wonder what company you may have worked for that is represented by clac, I have been at the same company for over 9 yrs with no issues. What is the "proper" OT rate that you talk of????? How were the guys been taken advantage of??? would you care to explain?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i to have worked for clac in the past. may not get as high of rate for ot but within 10%, and when all the other unions are laying off clac guys were still working. the only people that i have ever heard of complaining about clac are the greedy guys that want more than they are worth to do half the job they are required to do. just my expierience. so as scuba asked ......care to explain yourself?

canadian madman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, didn’t mean to ignore your questions but it was a busy weekend and I didn’t get on the computer till Monday morning…

First off:
I have never worked for CLAC myself…as I originally stated – “I have personally worked beside some CLAC workers”

Obviously the stories you get from people about their experiences at a company are one sided and have to be taken with a grain of salt, but when you talk to so many people and their stories all have a similar tone, you start to wonder.

Here is an example:
Job was at CNRL. One of the companies was hiring electricians out of Quebec. The workers were promised a certain rate, but after they showed up to the jobsite they were paid a lower rate. Some guys quit, but then found out they had to wait 3 weeks in camp (obviously without pay) for their flight back (flights were provided to & from the jobsite).

…oh, and the “proper rate” I was talking about for overtime is 2X for sat & sun work…from what I’ve seen, most CLAC workers get 1.5X at best. I have heard of some companies not paying anything extra.

I realize every company is different, and every workers story is different. I could list page after page of issues that I have come across over the years, but I wasn’t looking to get into a mudslinging match. This isn’t the place for that. Just cautioning people to get all the facts before signing up – as they should with any job.

For more info on CLAC, check out this website

I am a member of the IBEW. I know we have our problems too. Most of them created by our own membership. Believe me, I will be the first to say we are well overdue for a house cleaning. We have a small percentage of hot heads that give us all a bad name and are risking our future….and those are the union guys that you were talking about that are having the trouble getting work or getting laid off when CLAC is hiring. I have been working with the same company for 15 yrs now…no time off unless I wanted it. And even in this “recession”, we just surpassed our previous record amount of employees of 1750. We are one of the largest electrical contractors in Canada for a reason. Union or Non-union.

At the end of the day we all just want the best for our families. The impression I have received from “talking” to people about their experiences with CLAC tells me that – at least for me – this is not the best place for me to be for the family. But maybe for some it is. Like I mentioned before, as with any job, make sure you get the facts – in writing – ahead of time to protect yourself.

But no matter where you choose to work, I hope it provides you the life you deserve and you are able to enjoy the weekend riding.

joe lafortune

Reaction score
hello i am just wandering if your still looking for apprentice electricians i am looking for a new career after spending 22 years in the car buisness looking to get on as a first apprentice.

Danisonn

Reaction score
Thanks canadian for the information.
The frontier town of Fort McMurray, fuelling both prosperity and misery. As the social and environmental toll mounts, Aida Edemariam reports on the dark side of a boom town.

Top Bottom