Ei questions

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a read of this, might help you out. About a third the way down the page.

How small are your self-employment activities?

When your self-employment activities are so small that a person would not rely on that employment or engagement as a principal means of living, you may not be working a full working week. Therefore, you may be considered unemployed. A full working week is at least the same number of hours worked by other regular workers in that occupation.
are considered to determine how small your self-employment activities are during the time benefits are claimed. All of these factors need to be evaluated in order to obtain an overview of your situation that will determine if you are working a full working week or not.

ya i just started the farming corp 2 years ago and it hasnt shown a proffit yet, my actual farming of my
land land is nothing, but i do help my old man alot but thats nothing to do with my income. When u read it all it comes down to what they decide its there ruling over yours but can i live of it no, and time spent is nothing so should be no issues but ive been burnt by ei while in trade school for dif reasons so not holding my breath on this

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u guys got work elsewhere? And ya alota people affected by this and not Alota work out there

Industry we are in is quiet in general, but we are diversified enough that when one area drops, another seems top pick up. Gold is still going strong and lots of interest there. Over the past year it's been very competitive for a small number of jobs, but that has recently changed. Economy must be doing a bit better, as we've had quite a number of new inquiries pop up to bid on. Feel like we are on the verge of growth again. Keep in touch if you are looking for something in the future. On the upside if we have a good snow year...you've can be the first one out

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kinda a blanket statement not even knowing what i do for work. Ya there are jobs but depending on your area, u tell the diamond drillers or raise bore operators or miners theres lotsa work and see where that would get you lol lotsa specialized jobs lost. I have a good shot of finding work elsewhere because of my trade. But for 10 months at home and company wage topup im not gunna loose money and go chase work and be home less then i am now. If the right job comes up thats not 8 hour drive i will forsure jump on it though

All the diamond drillers and miners I know have no shortage of work. If a person really wanted to work it's there, not saying your one of them but many people find jobs outside their "choosing" beneath them.

Sometimes a career change is a good thing

Top Bottom