Edson Conditions

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and a couple of buddies are planning on heading to Edson this weekend and I am curious how much snow they have. Any updates...........................

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be worth the extra km's to come down highway 40 between hinton and grande c, we just had a heavy dump over the weekend and bangin the ditches would be a riot! :D

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Superford

Where do you plan on staging at ? I noticed that the silveer summit ski hill has 85 cm base ( they claim natural snow ). I have not been there this year but it sound promising. Check out "www.silversummit.ca"

I would like to go to Edson soon for a run and stage at Long Lake ( North of Bear Lake ) . Please post when you return from your run near Edson.

Zar:cool:

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
skippy on this site rode rob which is south of edson and said that there was 2.5 feet of snow and that the cutline was amazing. bunch of us going to go out that way the first sunday in feb. rob is approx 60 kms from edson.

Bucky

Reaction score
Jeremy, whats the riding like around Robb nowadays, we used to ride up there quite a bit a few years ago until the starting mining up around the staging area!:realmad: Last time we were there almost all the trails were dead end due to the work.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just North of Edson last week and the snow to the wells where we were was up to the running boards on my hemi dodge, approx. 10". The other guy was right about the hwy to Cache, wish I had my sled with me.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i never made it out this weekend, i have been working way too much, staying at home with the GF was only option. dave (skippy on here) said it was awesome!!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is some half decent snow fell around here and Robb (I work in the robb area) over the weekend, I see quads getting around and they can still climb hills with ease. not as much snow as last year so watch for land mines, me personally I don't think I would try it yet Not enough snow for me just yet. I like my sled too much, But I've heard the trails in fox creek are groomed and that was before the snow fall and that has me interested.
But It's my two cents

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone let me know where we can ride and stage at around Edson? We are looking for some hills and good cutlines.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can stage at Silver Summit Ski Hill . Call the hill first to ensure that it is open ( gate to the ski complex is open ) . You can connect to the main trail that takes you to Whitecourt or back to Edson. I also think that there is a staging area just east of Edson near Marbrough. Watch for the brown staging area sign on Hyw 16 just east of the Rob turnoff. I think the better snow is going to be at Silver Summit staging area. Also more hills towards the Silver Summit area

Top Bottom