Economy/Recession

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I see our buddy JT is hanging out with Decaprio & Bono. Of course Leonardo is the #1 hater of Alberta oil.....
kudos to Calgarys mayor for calling him out on it......
unless he just pissed he never got a selfie with Leo & JT.
wow ... Is Alberta going to pay the price for the little egotistical bastage.....,

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking back at many of the posts makes me wonder how this thread is productive considering this is a Snow & Mud Form. A person would think that a topic of land use by atv/ sleds by bringing people "together" might add real worth while productivity to all the brothers and sisters that would enjoy spending time and energy at finding out ways to lobby government to re-open areas that were once opened.

I guess its my time to post such a thread since I don't see any benefit in 2 cent dickering of something we have very little control over till we return to the polls.
Yuppers, time has come to find worth while threads to benefit our sport as a whole, I'll take on the challenge as I game plan of a like minded thread that "could be productive" if we put in the effort of bounding together at one or two common goals.

Just my 2 cents from pal Lem

Unklsnomobile

Reaction score
I was asking about hard core facts not when you drive down the road and see towns. I spend a LOT of time travelling in AB as well for work related and can easily say the same in various regions. Look at Lethbridge, that place hasn't changed much since I lived in the '70's in High River. Anyway, I get confused when people complain about crappy infrastructure but don't increase taxes or are against spending. Unfortunately can't have both.

Lethbridge population in 1970 was 39552. Last year it was 94804. You really think it hasn't changed? I think you lost your credibility with that statement.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking back at many of the posts makes me wonder how this thread is productive considering this is a Snow & Mud Form. A person would think that a topic of land use by atv/ sleds by bringing people "together" might add real worth while productivity to all the brothers and sisters that would enjoy spending time and energy at finding out ways to lobby government to re-open areas that were once opened.

I guess its my time to post such a thread since I don't see any benefit in 2 cent dickering of something we have very little control over till we return to the polls.
Yuppers, time has come to find worth while threads to benefit our sport as a whole, I'll take on the challenge as I game plan of a like minded thread that "could be productive" if we put in the effort of bounding together at one or two common goals.

Just my 2 cents from pal Lem

Christ sake dude by all means go ahead and start your own thread on what ever you want. This is the "Just about anything goes"

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
didn't know he was a teacher. Tell us the BC Liberals are left instead of right centre because of our roads is not a legitimate argument based on stats. Like I said above, if we take that argument we can compare many crappy roads in AB too far away from Edmonton. Bottom line is we provide stats and you guys come up with a bunch of emotional arguments.

Seems ms to me cndfireman has done a stellar job of trying to educate you and swat and a few others, sucks for you guys he came armed with facts and a clear understanding of the issues. Not a bunch of floofy concepts wrapped in Ideologys.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
didn't know he was a teacher. Tell us the BC Liberals are left instead of right centre because of our roads is not a legitimate argument based on stats. Like I said above, if we take that argument we can compare many crappy roads in AB too far away from Edmonton. Bottom line is we provide stats and you guys come up with a bunch of emotional arguments.

Wiki stats aren't stats. They're someone's opinion. And yes, there's lots of crappy roads in Alberta, but a crappy road in Alberta is a fantastic road in BC. The #1 west of field is a national disgrace. Don't get me wrong, I like BC. It's just too bad that successive left wing governments (current one included) overtaxed the province and squandered the money to the point that the interior and northern BC are grossly underdeveloped and economically stagnant, and have been for years. It's no fault of the people who live there, far from it. But that's what happens when the government takes all the money in taxes and develops policies that are anti business and anti development.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fair enough but FYI, the Trans Canada highway in the National Parks is a Federal responsibility not provincial (I used to work for Parks Canada many moons ago). Not sure if you know as well that the straight stretches west of Quartz Creek have been an experiment for many years….. they even put styrofoam in that section to help with frost heaves. My grandfather was born in Field 92 years ago (he just passed away) and says the roads have always been a problem since day 1 opening the Trans Canada. But I have to agree our highways suck but here in the Okanagan we are finally seeing money poured into them over the past 5 or more years. Anyway, I have said it many times, I really have no loyalty with any political party (except for NDP :nono:) just the one that makes sense for me, my family and business. If it was up to me I would build the pipelines in a safe manner, stop all imports of oil from overseas, subsidized the gas prices instead of taxing them to death to make our great country more competitive against those who are not fortunate to not have the natural resources this country has to offer. I could go on but whats the point no one in Ottawa ever listens to us peons. :cool:

Wiki stats aren't stats. They're someone's opinion. And yes, there's lots of crappy roads in Alberta, but a crappy road in Alberta is a fantastic road in BC. The #1 west of field is a national disgrace. Don't get me wrong, I like BC. It's just too bad that successive left wing governments (current one included) overtaxed the province and squandered the money to the point that the interior and northern BC are grossly underdeveloped and economically stagnant, and have been for years. It's no fault of the people who live there, far from it. But that's what happens when the government takes all the money in taxes and develops policies that are anti business and anti development.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quebec's douchebag mayor says no to energy east pipeline. ontario regulator says pipeline not a good idea. let's keep spending 26 billion a year importing oil and millions more bailing out bombardier. the east sure makes it easy to hate on them

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quebec's douchebag mayor says no to energy east pipeline. ontario regulator says pipeline not a good idea. let's keep spending 26 billion a year importing oil and millions more bailing out bombardier. the east sure makes it easy to hate on them

BC said no to KM and Enbridge as well. WTF, a pipeline would be good for all of Canada, I can't believe we are dicking around talking about it instead of just building the damn thing.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Both Ontario and Quebec are against the pipelines because they want a piece of the royalties on the oil moving through the pipe. Once Notley gives it to them they will quietly let it proceed. Central Canada views Alberta oil as a "Canadian " asset, not just an Alberta asset, as does Notley. They hate that the oil has created wealth mostly for western Canada so far, and between Trudeau, Wynne and Notley they will create policies that will benefit central Canada by redistributing Alberta resource wealth.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if i had a property that had no road access and needed to build a road across your property to access the main road you would let me do this for free?

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if i had a property that had no road access and needed to build a road across your property to access the main road you would let me do this for free?
No. But what is your point in this statement?

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wrong analogy. How about: you are living on a huge property owned by someone else. A road for your neighbor going through the property, but not visible from your home would bring free hookers and blow to you, as well as your neighbor with no road. Then do you want it?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would make a payment to you once a year to equalize my be benefit of the road...
What if this road allowed more schools to be built, safer transport of chemicals, allowed you to buy your neighbours stuff rather than buy from across the ocean, gave you a job for a few years, etc?

Honestly splitting up from Canada is getting more and more attractive....

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What a joke , For free ???? Eastern provinces especially Quebec have gotten paid huge over the years from the " Canadian resources" . The huge equalization payments have become a budget expectation for them , now what ?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a MAJOR issue for Alberta , and is about to get much worse with JT at the helm.... He is going to make Alberta pay for our good fortune over the years with oil.....
he truly believes the east should be the power and financial hub of Canada! He has no plans to help the resource industry , clearly demonstrated at the davos summit .
In turn lowering the Canadian $ and helping the exporting east at the expense of the west. As well as no intention of confronting Quebec on there stand against imported oil or lack of cooperation towards a pipeline system.......

In summary , it is clear he is out to bury us......!!! I understand the easterners voting for him , but am completely dumbfounded that any sane person would choose him over Harper , if you live west of Ontario!!!!

Top Bottom