Economy/Recession

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tom, this is the exact reason I will not be replying to his posts as well. I have no problem in disagreeing with a particular topic but he can't seem to refrain from personal attacks. Totally unnecessary.

[/B]
see it's comments like that, that make a point become idiotic. Why do you continue to try and make every point a personal attack. You know nothing about me but you insist on putting thoughts or words out there.

Perhaps think about this, if the pre existing taxes were covering the amount of money needed to pay for the much needed programs like education and medical services do you think government's would add more taxes? Most 3rd world countries have been raped and pillaged for so many years because they turn a blind eye to environment and what is actually the best way to manage their resources. Instead more seemingly like yourself, yes that was a ironic personal comment towards you, they only look at the right now and not the bigger picture. I can tell you this for sure perhaps if these 3rd world countries paid more respect to the environment and to the resources and taxed the major corporations properly rather then taking bribes to fill their own pockets they wouldn't be 3rd world countries. Could actually feed their own people and yes the commadity market would rise.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carbon tax exists in BC already and is actually working out very good for them.

WTF are you talking about? Carbon tax in BC is doing nothing but hurting us! Goes straight into general revenue and does nothing for the so called "environment" it's supposed to protect. Nothing more than another in a long list of BC Government cash grabs. :rant:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am almost certain he voted NDP , and that would explain his view of the FACT 'S....lol .
Here is a fact , there has never been a successful provincial NDP government ....
btw .... You sound like you think knot head is doing a good job , do you think she is ?

Btw , I don't mind the personnel attacks , I am not that well educated / or read for that matter, I do realize this is the internet however.......cheers !

Last edited:

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good leftist thinking. What you are saying, is when a person gets laid off or pay cut, that is the best time to go out and buy a new truck, take a vacation to somewhere expensive, and renovate the house.....just pay it off later when they get a job. BAD IDEA.

If that's what you gathered from that, bang head.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF are you talking about? Carbon tax in BC is doing nothing but hurting us! Goes straight into general revenue and does nothing for the so called "environment" it's supposed to protect. Nothing more than another in a long list of BC Government cash grabs. :rant:

BC taxes are lower than they normally would be because of the revenue from carbon tax.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have no facts, only your personal opinions. Nothing you say is backed up by anything.

"Average people" make 120,000 yr, what world do you live in or what are you drinking?

Go do some reading, you are poorly educated and have no clue what you're talking about. EI comes from an insurance fund that we all pay into and employers pay into at 1.4x, please educate yourself! Without this EI fund your hero Conservstives wouldn't have been able to balance their budget as they steal money from it to pay off their bills, thanks for that.

Carbon tax exists in BC already and is actually working out very good for them. Carbon tax in Alberta, funds will be directly put back into the local economy, again please go educate yourself and do some reading.

We as Albertans will never see any of that Carbon tax money better get with Reality my friend!!

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The shocking truth that the cheapest gasoline in Revelstoke, BC is 25 cents a litre higher than where I live in rural Saskatchewan. The way some of these Liberals twist themselves into pretzels trying to convince the public that being taxed into oblivion on a complete scam is the way to go, slay me.

Top Bottom