Economy/Recession

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you could throw a few oil tanks here and there it would give us more ammo for a pipeline  just sayin.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Should have told the Bastages down East that this pipeline was gonna be carrying Maple Syrup/ Sleds probably would have had no problem then!!!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great letter but I am not in 100% agreement about the low dollar. The Cdn$ usually tanks when resources tank. Most companies are not retooling their facilities when economy looks grim so more/less the low dollar is more of an advantage than a disadvantage during low times. Once the economy picks up so does the Cdn$ and so does the corporate confidence to start spending again. With the low dollar the agri community is surely benefiting for those exporting like myself.

Kevin's sent knothead another letter.

You have to do something, Ms. Notley

MitchellFried

Reaction score
great letter but I am not in 100% agreement about the low dollar. The Cdn$ usually tanks when resources tank. Most companies are not retooling their facilities when economy looks grim so more/less the low dollar is more of an advantage than a disadvantage during low times. Once the economy picks up so does the Cdn$ and so does the corporate confidence to start spending again. With the low dollar the agri community is surely benefiting for those exporting like myself.

Being a chicken producer with all the feed costs going up its not so great. Feed prices keep on rising because grain farmers are trending to sell to the states

Stockorwalk

Reaction score
Buddy of mine owns hydrovacs rates have dropped from over $300/350/hr to around $200/hr. He's had to lay off half his guys and put them on salary. Other buddy is salesman for oilfield tankers their rates have also went down about $100/hr. He got laid off as owner said they can't afford to have a salesman. Another buddy worked at Shaw pipe yard in Edmonton, got laid off, sounds like they pretty much shut down for now. Another buddy runs hoe for pipeline outfit in Dawson creek, has been wide open for over 5 yrs, laid off and again owner says nothing on the horizon. He went to another outfit that was looking for guys, huge lineup to just get in the door. I personally have not heard any good news in months. And breakup is still coming.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't always take the rebel media as gospel, but i'm sure happy the internet provides an alternative reporting avenue.

Another interesting video: A young, liberal, british world journalist returns home and can't believe how muslims have overrun her hometown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgKMI1wV0ps

Thank goodness i live in the country in Alberta.

EDIT: Sorry this post is off topic to the canadian economy, but i don't know how to delete.

This video and the Ezra video are what's to come in Canada if we keep letting immigrants from countries who's religions preach hate and destruction to the west. Hasnt this feud been going since biblical times? I don't see Chinese or East Indian immigrant people protesting with so much hate for the west.
Trudeau should be forced to move to a majority Muslim neighbourhood for six months. Give him a taste of where this country is headed like Sweden. See how 'open' and 'welcoming' the community is. It's naive to think the world we live in today and tomorrow is the same as it was in our school textbooks from the 1980's. You don't have to like it, but unfortunately it's fact. I don't believe anyone can bring about real change to these attitudes on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are exception to my comment. I assume you are using soymeal / corn which comes from the US? Grain prices out of the prairies haven't really moved.

Being a chicken producer with all the feed costs going up its not so great. Feed prices keep on rising because grain farmers are trending to sell to the states

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A low Cdn dollar helps us in the export coal market also as our wages are paid in Cdn $ but our product is sold in US$.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This video and the Ezra video are what's to come in Canada if we keep letting immigrants from countries who's religions preach hate and destruction to the west. Hasnt this feud been going since biblical times? I don't see Chinese or East Indian immigrant people protesting with so much hate for the west.
Trudeau should be forced to move to a majority Muslim neighbourhood for six months. Give him a taste of where this country is headed like Sweden. See how 'open' and 'welcoming' the community is. It's naive to think the world we live in today and tomorrow is the same as it was in our school textbooks from the 1980's. You don't have to like it, but unfortunately it's fact. I don't believe anyone can bring about real change to these attitudes on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slowly getting surrounded here unless Alberta can get control of there own immigration policy all these politicians are doing is buying there next voting base and gonna turn every town/neighbourhood into social program living immigrants that you/I are gonna be paying for. These people have taken over towns and neighbourhoods in other places around the world and dont plan on being a contributor only a net taker. Soon to become the poor working middle class paying for all these programs and taxed into oblivion really is BS.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a selfie tax would generate more $$$ than a carbon tax at this point in time......

i might add add also that since the young lad has pretty well already broke Us , he has also decided to sell of all of our gold ( to give to 3 Rd world polluters ) I suspect. It's a sad state of affairs when Todd Hoffman has more gold than Canada..!!!!

but hey , give the young guy a chance , what have we got to lose .....lmao

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was a little hopeful today hearing the news of AB saying we aren't going to be buying any of BC's excess electricity without a little quid pro quo on the pipeline deal

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was a little hopeful today hearing the news of AB saying we aren't going to be buying any of BC's excess electricity without a little quid pro quo on the pipeline deal

BC could really care less they sell most of there power to the US anyway Alberta wouldn't even be a drop in the bucket. Nice smoke screen Knothead to try and get people thinking your paying attention to Albertans though.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ontario announces basic income plan - Tech Insider

Ok boys and girls are your ready for some Free money courtesy of the good ole Canadian taxpayer, I wonder how many are gonna want to get on this train Hmnnnn!!!

Hell thats a bang up idea Free Money!! I'll think i will just let the Government pay my mortgage,vehicle payment,power and water bill and pay for my groceries, thanks Kathleen WynnBag!!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a selfie tax would generate more $$$ than a carbon tax at this point in time......

i might add add also that since the young lad has pretty well already broke Us , he has also decided to sell of all of our gold ( to give to 3 Rd world polluters ) I suspect. It's a sad state of affairs when Todd Hoffman has more gold than Canada..!!!!

but hey , give the young guy a chance , what have we got to lose .....lmao
At least he has nice hair.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom