Economy/Recession

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alberta"s only long term solution is to actually separate or at least get special status and treatment like Quebec enjoy's complete with our own world wide trading offices work permits for out of province workers, and a separate immigration policy like Quebec enjoys. Even Knotheads key staffers are all out of province, talk about colonial administration at its worse, on the other hand their is the uninformed drama teacher masquerading around spouting off how we are a Big Happy multi ethnic Rainbow soup of different cultures. His exact words were " I see Canada as the worlds first NeoNation state" basically this will reduce us to a ever conflicting mash up of special ethnic interest groups that politicians will need to pander to. Canada isn't really a country anymore its just a carcus to be eaten and chewed apart and our self serving selfie photo-op politicians are the ones ringing the dinner bell.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's only getting worse. Been working for 12 years in oil and gas and this is by far the lowest major companies have dipped. Surprised they paid out our bonus this year to a taxable rate of 53%, gotta love them new rates. The days of handouts are gone that's forsure. I understand business have to cut to make things up, but why not plan better for times like this. This boom and bust isn't good for the workers, business or economy as a whole.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats because we humans have short memories and forget about the lows when things are moving along.

It's only getting worse. Been working for 12 years in oil and gas and this is by far the lowest major companies have dipped. Surprised they paid out our bonus this year to a taxable rate of 53%, gotta love them new rates. The days of handouts are gone that's forsure. I understand business have to cut to make things up, but why not plan better for times like this. This boom and bust isn't good for the workers, business or economy as a whole.

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Energy East Injunction Sought By Quebec Government

They Just Don't Get It!! Can't Fix Stupid!!
We should work with Newfoundland/Labrador and get an injunction against tanker traffic. No tankers in/no tankers out. Makes pipeline or train the only way to move oil......

Hell....somebody could probably stir up the idiots in Quebec to do all the work for us to ban East coast tankers...they would have no clue why their fuel prices are going up, up, up, up......

Eagle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We should build a wall around them f..cktards and have them pay for it!!!! make sure our princess prime minister is locked inside. All you guys that have Skidoos and bombardier stuff burn it.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We should work with Newfoundland/Labrador and get an injunction against tanker traffic. No tankers in/no tankers out. Makes pipeline or train the only way to move oil......

Hell....somebody could probably stir up the idiots in Quebec to do all the work for us to ban East coast tankers...they would have no clue why their fuel prices are going up, up, up, up......

I hear ya, only thing is NL/Labrador all voted for the Libs so with Truedum running the **** show that won't happen rest assured. I truly believe this is the start and gonna be the end of Confederation for Alberta cause this **** has gone on to long and needs to stop like I said in my previous posting we need to have special status or a sovereign province. We have a great amount of resources here and we would thrive here, and do not think for a minute that Sask would not want to join us they most likely would. We as Albertans need to start looking after our own taxation revenue and ourselves or this **** is gonna keep on going on and that's is just wrong.

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going back to my input into the post as a locomotive engineer at CN Rail we see coast to coast traffic. Our intermodel/container traffic is full going east and west. Lots of grain/potash going east as well oil. we have employees called back and more training for engineers now. Traffic has picked up. Used to see container traffic at least 1/2 the beds were empty and now are loaded and longer double stack went from 10 thou feet to 14 thou feet, FULL ! So, shipping is improving now! God speed. Don with 31 years doing this job.

Dakine879

Reaction score
I don't always take the rebel media as gospel, but i'm sure happy the internet provides an alternative reporting avenue.

Another interesting video: A young, liberal, british world journalist returns home and can't believe how muslims have overrun her hometown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgKMI1wV0ps

Thank goodness i live in the country in Alberta.

EDIT: Sorry this post is off topic to the canadian economy, but i don't know how to delete.

Last edited:

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Railroad.... First full oil train headed east yesterday. 6000 feet of her. 1st in about 1 month, usually just add 20-30 cars onto another train. Lots of autos going west. More grain/wheat eastward. 3 more employees re-hired. Others have been offered jobs within the company CN Rail with recall rights back to running trains. My west bound container train grew from 10 thou feet to 11-700 feet and double stack 80%, rest single stack. About 50 containers were empty so going to get loaded somewhere. 1/2 of train going to Edmonton and a few containers of Auto parts as you guys/gals like to wreck things. Thanks for keeping the economy going and if its your wife/girlfriend wrecking things....shes just trying to help keep people employed ! Now, back to work testing a new "The Thing " cooker pot from the Sled Shed. Apparently as quiet as stock or more. Thanks TurboAl. !

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I live on the wrong side of the tracks and CN Rail runs a 13 000 foot container train through town at 15 mph. When the economy was bad this did not occur. I wish they would ban trains so I can get a buy out ! So I hope you guys are happy now that things are picking up. Yes....the beer store is on the other side of the tracks.

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ooops, sorry Dale in above post. Yes CN has tossed a few tank cars last year. google cn gogama and missonga. Well I guess they cant fire me as I can retire right now. Good protection eh ?

Top Bottom