eBikes and related things.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hummmmm,,, just got an urgent call from my bike shop friend,,, this can't be good...

Correct,,, law enforcement will be needed...

Ever changing game plans I guess...

Can't wait too see whats going down and what kind of Damages Ensue...

Oh boy

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hummmmm new candy...
Screenshot_20240524_193034_Samsung Internet.jpg

My long time bike shop friend offered me a once in a life time deal that I couldn't refuse ...

This is why its important too get too know reputable bike shop friends and staff in ones local area since they will be there for us no matter what...

We help them out and they assist Us along the way...

Service,,, kin-ship,,, info,,, parts and accessories and everything else that goes with the sport...

Pretty sure it will fit my needs from Spring too late fall for my mellow relaxing adventures threw out Western and Eastern America's...

Now I feel a bit Woke and Wacko too fit in with the masses... lol

Definitely logging on some miles today rain or shine...

Western America's

Don

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes sir. 2 joint Friday night. Riding baked. I took it easy riding with the wife. I kept it urban, nothing tricky.
I took mine in Mill Creek Ravine last night on the paved and some gravel trails. I went down a grass hill with a slight slope and was given grief because I took her “ off-road”. It was a bad idea on my part to laugh at this😂

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took mine in Mill Creek Ravine last night on the paved and some gravel trails. I went down a grass hill with a slight slope and was given grief because I took her “ off-road”. It was a bad idea on my part to laugh at this😂
That’s too funny. Same thing happens to mine soon as I turned off of a red rock Trail onto a single style track. My wife’s like I don’t wanna walk my bike. I wanna ride it. Let’s turn around.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s too funny. Same thing happens to mine soon as I turned off of a red rock Trail onto a single style track. My wife’s like I don’t wanna walk my bike. I wanna ride it. Let’s turn around.
She signed up for a female bike lesson group, I doubt it will help much but hopefully it does. I cringe everytime we hit a hill and I hear the gear change under a load. She rides it like a diesel, low rpm high torque, me I drop a couple gears and high rpm low torque and let the motor do the work.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im game,,, I can loose my mind and pedal across the city in the dark with a flash light taped too my face... ha

I have too admit one thing,,, if e fat-tire winter biking is fun... vvv
20240128_145900.jpg

This spring too late fall eMTB Crap will definitely be a bonus...
Rad the mountains and pillage the Mountain Sheep...
20230513_155028.jpg

There out there somewhere !!!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She signed up for a female bike lesson group, I doubt it will help much but hopefully it does. I cringe everytime we hit a hill and I hear the gear change under a load. She rides it like a diesel, low rpm high torque, me I drop a couple gears and high rpm low torque and let the motor do the work.
Oh my. Lol. Same thing I telll my wife. It comes across as French though lol.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My oh my,,, i see that my dual-sport motorcycle days might be coming too an end...

Now I need too find a swamp... lol
20240525_111752.jpg

This model is mostly a trail bike with access too light/ lower medium mtb f.s. bike...

Lets say a soft floating princess unit...

I tryed auto assist but switched down too lower power bar 1,,, good enough,,, I've been analog-ing it most of day too help get the human ergonomics dialed in...

Sit height,,, fore & aft,,, bike needs 1 1/2" bar riser and big wide flat pedals,,, other then that its good too go...

Way more bike then I need,,, the set-up will help me age gracefully... lol
Great weekend too all...

Test pilot

Don

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My oh my,,, i see that my dual-sport motorcycle days might be coming too an end...

Now I need too find a swamp... lol
View attachment 283584

This model is mostly a trail bike with access too light/ lower medium mtb f.s. bike...

Lets say a soft floating princess unit...

I tryed auto assist but switched down too lower power bar 1,,, good enough,,, I've been analog-ing it most of day too help get the human ergonomics dialed in...

Sit height,,, fore & aft,,, bike needs 1 1/2" bar riser and big wide flat pedals,,, other then that its good too go...

Way more bike then I need,,, the set-up will help me age gracefully... lol
Great weekend too all...

Test pilot

Don
Love the colour. I put a new bar with 2” riser . Standard bar with grey writing was $120 , same bar in orange was $80, easy decision. Revolution Cycle had them.

Attachments

• 6EE89B00-A70B-4044-8901-89457E15655D.jpeg
    6EE89B00-A70B-4044-8901-89457E15655D.jpeg
    330 KB · Views: 40

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, i did the 2" raised bar...

Cranked off some miles today...
20240526_135511.jpg

Beauty day,,, The youngers were on the go...
20240526_110615.jpg

Their trying too Ronnie Mac their bikes,,, We don't need no stinking fenders... lol
20240526_111805.jpg

^^^ only took them a few hours too rip the rear fender off...

Great weekend gang,,, thanks for sharing

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice bike Ron,,, and it's nice too find a bike with a bit lower top tube for getting on and off of,,, not that it makes a whole lot of difference but there are times when a lower top bar comes in handy...

Us guys need too protect our junk if at all possible...

Lol...

You hit the nail on the head,,, i bought my e-bikes for the same reason,,, pedal out of home or staging-area slooooow,,, at least 38 minutes too get into groove...(non-e) unless a big rise is ahead...

Pedal pedal pedal taking my time in the ganny gears...

I analog 19 ish miles yesterday on the 60 lb beast taking my time,,, e-assist on 2 hills and 7 rises...

Got back too my truck and I used 2 ish % battery...

Its there if I need it,,, ive always been the dude that enjoys taking in the views,,, relax-ing the hous or days away...

No need busting Our B@!!'z if We don't have too...

There are times and places where We can turn on Our self power when Our noodle says it's go time...

If not then stay in the relax mode...

Ride Our Ride,,, if in a group then pick a link up spot up ahead,,, its not as if the group of folks don't want too relax once in awhile...

Biking is suppose too be fun,,,treat it fun and keep it that way...

If it becomes too much then step back from it and Re-evaluate what we're planning on Achieving...

Had yha asked me if id be on a pedal bike once i got my drivers license at 9 years old id a said no-way man...

Pedal bikes are for Ninnies,,, now I find out that I was a Ninne all along...

Year 2000 i went hog wild on the mtb Gauntlet,,, stepped back from it for a few years then turned it on again 5 or 6 years ago,,, i have a sneaking suspiciou im in it till the end...

None Us know where it could lead us,,, start somewhere and see if it fits our needs and wants...

The unknowns are part of the game plan i guess...

Middle ground Edmonton/ Calgary

Don

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with getting into the hipp dude kool man grove...

This tune is approved by Piano, dude... lol

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm lucky I got starting off simple...
Screenshot_20210912-154511_Photos.jpg

It give me time too see where I was at and if id even enjoy riding a bike in all kinds of Incumbent weather...

I started off frugal and built things up from there,,, just like the rest of Us and the hobbies we choose...

Price,,, Quality and time,,, nothing written in Stone so im winging it at best,,, kind of setting my self up with a active I can carry forward when I become Golden... lol

Start off with in your means,,, buy high sell low and try too gain a bit of quality along the way...

At least We'll find out if its something we're intrested in,,, plus a person can add or subtract other activities too this hobby if We like...

A 50/50 crap shot at best...

Kijiji and a couple of hundred bucks and you'll know if biking fits ones catagory...

Remember,,, needs and Wants are 2 different things... lol

Cheers gang

Top Bottom