Eagle Valley (Sicamous) Updates 2013/14

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's extreme power sports. This is the rental , retail building.

Bought macs motors , so the shop is there

Real good guy , helps the club more than I would have figured ...

Bought a led dog from him. Better price than salmon arm or Vernon.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well by looks of forecast snow on its way ! About 4ft would be reeeaaaallll nice ! Just wanted to say BIG THANK YOU - Tex ! Fellow sledders like yourself really make the sport what sledding is all about - good times , few laughs and helping one in any way you can when possible ! If we hadnt ridden together - sled might still be stranded out there ! Rear suspension/drivetrain parts on order - hopefully here in next few days ! Plan on coming out after xmas for 4/5 days ! oh yah - got some teas on order for you ! lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well by looks of forecast snow on its way ! About 4ft would be reeeaaaallll nice ! Just wanted to say BIG THANK YOU - Tex ! Fellow sledders like yourself really make the sport what sledding is all about - good times , few laughs and helping one in any way you can when possible ! If we hadnt ridden together - sled might still be stranded out there ! Rear suspension/drivetrain parts on order - hopefully here in next few days ! Plan on coming out after xmas for 4/5 days ! oh yah - got some teas on order for you ! lol

Hey it was no problem dude. Hope I never need the hand , but hope karma helps me out.

Get Ur sled fixed , so we can Finnish our ride lol.

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Eagle Valley Grooming Update:

- Eagle Pass: No logging at the moment, Regular Grooming to the gas drop, Parking at the main lot
- Queest: No Logging at the moment, regular Grooming, can sled from the bottom
- Owlhead: No logging at the moment, first groom on Friday, can sled from the bottom
- Blue Lake: Logging during the week but grooming and collecting on the weekends, parking at bottom to 10k depending on snow conditions, first grooming from 10k up today(Saturday)
- New Owlhead/Blue Lake conector: goes from 17k on Owlhead trail to about 22k on Blue Lake trail, not grooming.

Thanks to the crew going up to Eagle Pass this Sunday (Dec 22) who are insulating and installing stairs and stove at the new cabin. If you are up there, stop by and give them a hand.

Keep an eye on www.sledsicamous.com for the latest and greatest!

Tim at the Best Western

sicamous

Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Thanks to Gord for getting the Stove, stairs, insulation etc. etc. organized to send up to the new Eagle Pass cabin for installation before Christmas! Here's a shot of the loads ready to be flown in Saturday morning.

Attachments

• Columbia-Shuswap E-20131221-00378.jpg
    Columbia-Shuswap E-20131221-00378.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 454

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Gord for getting the Stove, stairs, insulation etc. etc. organized to send up to the new Eagle Pass cabin for installation before Christmas! Here's a shot of the loads ready to be flown in Saturday morning.

Awesome! Great work guys, Thanks for the update!! Any word on when the snowcats will be putting the trail in above the gas drop up to the cabin?

sicamous

Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Awesome! Great work guys, Thanks for the update!! Any word on when the snowcats will be putting the trail in above the gas drop up to the cabin?

Still working out the best way to get in there and waiting for more snow to be able to sidehill the last k up to the cabin - the snow cat just doesn't lean into the hill as good as my Pro Climb!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well stoped for a few hours to help out at eagles cabin today. Cabin is awsome.

Good job guys.

Needs some more plywood for walls inside , but she is all insulated and vapor barriered. Steps are up and set up.

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all the peeps see you on the mountains this week :sled1:

Last edited:

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in sicamous right now. Grooming has not started here yet not enough snow this was the info last week.

But we do have a trail between owl head and blue lake which is awesome to have! It's good right now but will be quite rough until the groomer can get out. I'm not sure when they will pray for snow:)

We are down a bit at least 3' here is a pic from today at blue lake. Not being groomed there is lots if fresh as not many have been up there.

we road from our house 6 miles out if sicamous to blue lake 58miles round trip!

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed out today ! Parts in hand to do some repairing first ! Hopefully theres enough snow to drive up from main unloading area on owls !

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya there is. Did it yesterday.

Might come over for a tea tonight if u guys are fixing her up.

Blue lake on Sunday was better than the day Ur sled broke. Got way down and seen no one all day.

Top Bottom