Sicamous Closures

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Bill, there is a thread discussing the issue. It has turned into a "bashing thread" very typical of S&M tradition. There is some good information in it regarding what is going on. Bert has been in touch with the club and although it isn't positive information, it is information none the less.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it is bad news Bill. Gord brought it up at council last night and the district is going to send a request to the minister for discussion and request a variance, As it would be a significant impact on local business . It is literally a few hundred yards of FSR that passes thru the affected area on Owlhead from what I could see when I went up there. I guess any individual could send a letter.

Also hear Quest and Bluelake access will be closed for logging operations this winter. The answer I got from the club on that was not very forthcoming. That and the continual increase in a pass causes us to chose to pass on buying a pass this year. Plenty of other places to play.

Attachments

• LETTER-Recreation community_proposed MVC_oct2021.pdf
    288.2 KB · Views: 180
  • DRAFT_DOS to FLNRORD_MVC Proposals.pdf
    311.4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe if the club offered to do proper signage on the trail. Run the booth to provide info on the closure to riders so that they understand tracks in the affected area will be the death knell for the riding area. Threats of large fines should also be considered.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New management Ken. They are inexperienced. Only chance is if the old manager still cares and gives them guidance and they will listen.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New management Ken. They are inexperienced. Only chance is if the old manager still cares and gives them guidance and they will listen.
Is cousin Gord still in the club in any management capacity Bert? I'm sure he would have a good solution and strategy for dealing with those NDP blockheads?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is cousin Gord still in the club in any management capacity Bert? I'm sure he would have a good solution and strategy for dealing with those NDP blockheads?
No he gave it up to do other stuff. Something to with a helicopter operation here. In his role as a councillor he looks after that portfolio so will be guiding them.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He is still a director, as I am still also

But he has a job and not a sled club job now , he had to let the reins go so to speak

Gord is the man , a wealth of knowledge

But it needs to be passed on to new people

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Inexperience might be a good thing, if they may have the ability to learn & be pro active in the future. It is the experienced that have have ignored these access issue's that have gone on for years..... nothing new. Future planning should have started years ago when it first happened.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Inexperience might be a good thing, if they may have the ability to learn & be pro active in the future. It is the experienced that have have ignored these access issue's that have gone on for years..... nothing new. Future planning should have started years ago when it first happened.
The couple doing the general manager stuff are doing good

They are just not gord

To be expected as gord did it for many many years

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed. It is a lot to step in and negotiate with all the stakeholders on various issues that have been building for years I wish them well and wouldn't want to take it on.

Reactions: RXN

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Here is an email I got from Natalie this morning......this is after writing about not getting a membership at this time but rather delaying it to see what is going to happen.

Hello Douglas,

I have been responding to this question a lot this week, so to be very brief. Blue Lake and Eagle Pass ARE open this year. Owlhead is under application for the Club to receive an exemption to cross through the closure which was implemented last week and resulting from the Two Mile Fire. The Owlhead riding area IS going to open, our battle with the Province to to receive permission to use the FSR to get up there.

Queest will likely be open by the middle of December as we wait for logging to come down the hill to the 6km parking (same as last year) and we’re also seeking approval for a secondary access in case they have delays, so that we can still groom trail.

I have been holding all membership processing until we get confirmation on Owlhead and refunds will be made upon request depending on the result of our application.

I will email everyone and post on our website, social media outlets, and in a newsletter to the members as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just saw this update on Facebook:

SLED Sicamous

t33t1187l5ps5 mhr90htgs ·

Sled Sicamous has been working hard to gain a motor vehicle exemption for Owlhead Creek FSR for the upcoming snowmobile season. Efforts have also been made on the part of our local MLA, the District of Sicamous, BCSF, and our Chamber of Commerce to highlight to decisionmakers how important this access is for our community here in Sicamous. That said, we feel extremely optimistic that we've been heard, and are awaiting what we expect will be a prompt response to these requests. Thanks to everyone for reaching out and engaging on this topic - and for remembering that before we get to worry about how well our trails are groomed we must do the work to make sure we are allowed to groom them at all! We appreciate your memberships to organized snowmobiling across British Columbia, and helping us to keep our industry alive and well. *** map by Mark Dumka ***
closure.jpg

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soooooooooooo, wondering how many EVSC regulars have signed up already this year. I've sent emails to the Club trying to find out more othe closures but no replies. I know there's another thread on this but there's still nothing definitive from the Club, you'd think they'd at least update the website with something! I'm thinking there may be a few jumping ship for Hunter's, time will tell....
:confused:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soooooooooooo, wondering how many EVSC regulars have signed up already this year. I've sent emails to the Club trying to find out more othe closures but no replies. I know there's another thread on this but there's still nothing definitive from the Club, you'd think they'd at least update the website with something! I'm thinking there may be a few jumping ship for Hunter's, time will tell....
:confused:
There is yes

A few buddy's of mine have

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I honestly hope it doesn't make eagles busy AF and turn it into the next Boulder walmart parking lot - only saving grace will be the level of riding and the long a** trail ride

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I honestly hope it doesn't make eagles busy AF and turn it into the next Boulder walmart parking lot - only saving grace will be the level of riding and the long a** trail ride
I miss 5 years ago when eagles was quiet

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I miss 5 years ago when eagles was quiet
A lot of people that probably never heard of it till CKMP took them there on a dealer ride. Now its their favorite place. I never rode there till Carl toured us around.

Top Bottom