Sicamous Closures

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of people that probably never heard of it till CKMP took them there on a dealer ride. Now its their favorite place. I never rode there till Carl toured us around.
I wasn't going to blame Carl

But ya it's mostly his fault lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been hitting eagles for 7 yrs now - my favorite spot by far - I'm just glad she's already burnt so they can't f*ck with my favorite spot
Ya the burn is nice

But the other way is my favorite spot

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just noticed the following on the Sled Sicamous Facebook page Great News however not everyone Facebooks and this should be front and center on the Sled Sicamous Website IMO.

SLED Sicamous

tNopvuolecmbuerc 96sa 9alt 5t:eek:2m47r5a1 PMd ·

IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT OWLHEAD FSR WILL BE OPEN TO SNOWMOBILES FOR EAGLE VALLEY SNOWMOBILE CLUB'S 2021/2022 SEASON!!!!!!!! Details will be provided at the hill including maps, permit copies, and instructions on signage on closure areas that MUST be avoided (no matter how appealing they might seem). Thank you to everyone for your patience and understanding as we worked through the process with BC Fish and Wildlife! Have a happy weekend
🙂
Please note that this permitted exemption is NOT IN EFFECT UNTIL WE BEGIN GROOMING OPERATIONS, and therefore anyone accessing this area prior to our operations ramping up will be in VIOLATION of the closure and liable for fines. Therefore, we ask that everyone respects this closure until we can open under the permit.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is good news but still kinda vague with the grooming/access stuff. You gotta know there are those that aren't gonna wait that long. Now to get Blue and Queest nailed down, thanks Billy...(y):cool:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I miss 25 years ago when every place was quiet, I seriously remember being at the old Boulder parking lot on a Wed and there were two other trucks in the parking lot all day! Met two other guys at the bottom of turbo and never saw another soul!
Or how about playing hookey from work and riding Boulder on a Monday and being the only 2 riders on the mountain? Now there will be at least 100.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember in the 90's busing trail into Quartz with the A&E boys all weekend and finally getting into cabin valley Sunday afternoon. We all rode Machs with paddles and the snow was tit deep. Hard keeping awake for the drive home Sunday night.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I miss 25 years ago when every place was quiet, I seriously remember being at the old Boulder parking lot on a Wed and there were two other trucks in the parking lot all day! Met two other guys at the bottom of turbo and never saw another soul!

I’ve only ridden Revy a couple of times, and both times we didn’t have to go very far off the beaten path, and we never saw a soul the rest of the day. The cabin heroes are always a laugh, especially the guys in restaurants who are still wearing all of their riding gear. You just know they burnt all of their gas on the hill .

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember in the 90's busing trail into Quartz with the A&E boys all weekend and finally getting into cabin valley Sunday afternoon. We all rode Machs with paddles and the snow was tit deep. Hard keeping awake for the drive h
I remember in the 90's busing trail into Quartz with the A&E boys all weekend and finally getting into cabin valley Sunday afternoon. We all rode Machs with paddles and the snow was tit deep. Hard keeping awake for the drive home Sund
Our olden days were better than what today's people are going to look back as their olden days!!

Masks, Vaccines, lockdowns, etc..
Yah I think we grew up in better times. I often think it made a person a whole lot more self reliant, there were no phones, Gps, beacons, and the sleds weren't that reliable! A person got themselves in and back out because no one knew where you were end no help was comming! But man we had fun!

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I miss 90's acid too but I mean things have to change at some point right but I mean I'd rather be ripping on my T3 174 turbo dirty banana pushing 8 lbs than my 1980 yamaha exciter 440 - some things were better back then than now for sure but somethings were hot garbage too sall I'm sayin

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t miss all the sleds blowing up,but I definitely miss all the other things

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I miss 90's acid too but I mean things have to change at some point right but I mean I'd rather be ripping on my T3 174 turbo dirty banana pushing 8 lbs than my 1980 yamaha exciter 440 - some things were better back then than now for sure but somethings were hot garbage too sall I'm sayin
No ch!t! Lol time has a way of bending your perspective, my best buddy in school had a exciter 440 while I was trying to keep up on a 4500, thought that Yammy was really the ch!t, rode one a couple years ago and.......yah, not what I remembered

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember back in the 90s breaking trails with my xlt sks so the 121s with bolt on paddles could make it to turbo hill we burnt a lot of fuel playing on the hills getting there you knew it when you got back to the motel and now turbo hill is nothing for today’s machines back then we sat at the bottom and watched a piped thunder cat make it

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The latest from the Club, was enquiring about Early Bird extension as well as opening....

"Hello Sherm,

I can totally appreciate your frustration. We have been holding back in announcing anything until we had confirmation of our permit to access Owlhead, which we now do. I am working on a Newsletter to send out to the membership today, which extends the earlybird deadline until November 30th.

Sorry for the delay in response, and we'd love to have you riding with us this year and supporting our membership!

As I said, a newsletter will be out shortly, and if you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
Natalie Sorkilmo

250-463-9629
Administrative Manager
Eagle Valley Snowmobile Club"

Top Bottom