Dump trailer info

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question is, is it worth paying double for the trailer to do the same job?

Double ? I haven’t seen that but 30% for sure .
Get what you pay for and the resale on good quality built trailers is good if looked after .
Go to the action and see what people pay for beat up units and junk ?
IMO
1 Precision trailers
2 Brandt
3 N&N trailers for Galvanized

Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Question is, is it worth paying double for the trailer to do the same job?
Well, since you bought a cheap one and it broke down a couple times, it’s junk after two years of use, maybe you could answer that. Would you have paid double now that you have to buy another one two years later?
I mean, geez Cyle. Hahaha. You tell the guy to go cheap but then your trailer has broken down and is a steaming pile of steel now.
Cyle doesn’t use trailer brakes either so maybe Walmart trailers is good for Cyle! Hahaha Cyle. It’s all good bro! Just givin ya some good ol harassment!

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big tex 7x14 is what I use. Has 14000lbs lift, spread gates or barn doors. Highly recommended

Last edited:

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 For Double A Trailers.
Mines a tripple axle, 10 ton hoist.
Use IMG_4683.PNG it for everything. I wash it after
every use and it still looks new after 3 1/2 years.

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How big are you looking to go? I had a dump trailer built through Precision trailers, 20' by 8' with a 12-ton hoist. That thing lifted 8 yards of topsoil. 25000lb gvw tandem dually Deck Over gooseneck. I have three Precision trailers now and they are all awesome, however they are not cheap. If you want to look into it at all, look up Wade at worthmore trailers. Located in camrose

Precision 8 X 14 bumper pull is what I went with after searching everything else out there. Yes they are a bit more money but well worth it in the build quality. They are painted not powder-coated which I believe is much better as it is easier to repair paint vrs powder-coat. My neighbour has this identical trailer that is 10 years old and still looks almost new and it gets used alot, well less now that i bought my own. The whole front of the trailer has the spray box liner coating. I also bought from Wade in Camrose.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Double ? I haven’t seen that but 30% for sure .
Get what you pay for and the resale on good quality built trailers is good if looked after .
Go to the action and see what people pay for beat up units and junk ?
IMO
1 Precision trailers
2 Brandt
3 N&N trailers for Galvanized

Maybe not double for dumps, but for gooseneck with 3x7k axles brandt and precision are nearly double the price. I have no doubt they are a much better trailer, but I question how much better the axles are? Unless the torsion axles are better, I have yet to see a quality 7k axle, every single brand is the same and they stand up like chit, the only difference is some a total crap, some are just not as bad. Every trailer like that is 12" I-beam pretty much so the frame is nearly the same, so I question where all the extra dollars is unless it's in the axles? I bet sws with 2 10k axles would be 10x the trailer a brandt or precision 3x7k axles is other then paint.

Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to factor in downtime and repairs aswell. Usually the better product pays off long term

Well the crappy ones are fine they just wear chit out quick so if you are ontop of replacing stuff you are ok. I would gladly pay the crazy money if I knew i'd get many years out of them, but I just don't see it. Southland was suppose to be a decent trailer and wasn't the cheapest at all but it's a POS. The 7k axles all just seem to be junk, I don't know anyone running them that doesn't rebuild them every 1-2 years regardless of brand. When I had 10k axles I had no issues for years.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, since bought a cheap one and it broke down a couple times, it’s junk after two years of use, maybe you could answer that. Would you have paid double now that you have to buy another one two years later?
I mean, geez Cyle. Hahaha. You tell the guy to go cheap but then your trailer has broken down and is a steaming pile of steel now.
Cyle doesn’t use trailer brakes either so maybe Walmart trailers is good for Cyle! Hahaha Cyle. It’s all good bro! Just givin ya some good ol harassment!

Where did I say I bought the cheap one? I didn't buy the cheapest, nor did I say to buy the cheapest. I don't have to buy a new one, I am buying a new one to go to a heavier trailer. Mine just needs new suspension and brakes.

For example right now I can buy a canada trailer 22' tri axle 3x7k axles for $9k out the door. That in a trailtech or a diamond c is over $14k, brandt or precision probably a few k more. I can rebuild the suspension a few times over for that $5k in savings, and it's not like the better brands will last forever either, just longer. If I want to spend $14k i'd buy 2x10k axles and the suspension and brakes will last 10x as long.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How big are you looking to go? I had a dump trailer built through Precision trailers, 20' by 8' with a 12-ton hoist. That thing lifted 8 yards of topsoil. 25000lb gvw tandem dually Deck Over gooseneck. I have three Precision trailers now and they are all awesome, however they are not cheap. If you want to look into it at all, look up Wade at worthmore trailers. Located in camrose

My vote is a precision. Have a 06 flat deck. Paint is still really good on it. Deck is finally needing replacement now. Solid trailer. All enclosed wiring
Have H&H dump trailer that has been pained 3 times and lots of re wiring
Hopefully have a precision dump trailer by June. Thats earliest can get one 7x14’

Only other brand that is built well imho is a brandt

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1400? Pretty easy to put 14,000 into a trailer that size.

Yes was a typo, 14000 lift.

I've had precision and pj for other trailers but not in a dump style. They seemed really well built. However the service i got from big tex dealer was incredible. Even through in the tarp. Something to keep in mind is a 7x14 is big trailer. Would work better behind a f450 or larger. The one ton handles it well but its pretty easy to over load because the box is so big..

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your looking to be more versatile, try finding one with the fold down sides. Might be a few more bucks but will make loading and unloading pallets and such much easier. They do sit higher but will save you shopping for a second trailer down the road

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your looking to be more versatile, try finding one with the fold down sides. Might be a few more bucks but will make loading and unloading pallets and such much easier. They do sit higher but will save you shopping for a second trailer down the road
I second this, my dump trailer has a fold down side and it is so much better than my last one which did not have it

Top Bottom