Dump trailer info

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will soon be looking for a dump trailer for the farm and firewood sales business. Just looking around right now. Never had one before. Kinda leaning towards the Diamond C brand over the Southland brand that Flaman is selling. Looks like Diamond C is better built and quality, and is a bit more money. Was looking at the 3 stage boom one with power up and gravity down. Just wondering what other brands and dealers out there I should look at, and pros and cons.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We got ours from Jeremy (Smurf) on here at Edmonton trailer, its got a single boom in the front, all double galvanized so no worry about rust. Very well built, would highly recommend looking at them. They don't have them on there website though.

https://www.edmontontrailer.com/

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I found a pic online, they have 2 left he says.

maxresdefault.jpg

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flamans in Leduc/Nisku has been great to deal with.

We have a enclosed built by Southland. They also make dump trailers.

Built in Alberta too.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
If you cheap out now, in 5 years you will be kicking yourself.
kd advice is to buy the most heaviest dutiest expensivest you can get. Hydraulic tongue lifter thingy, all the extras. It’ll be painful when you pay but just close your eyes and sign on the dotted line!
The scissor lift dump is kinda chincy. If it’s for firewood businesss, a big ass lift cylinder(you will have to argue for a bigger one) is needed and prolly 3 axles. The weight of the trailer is gonna eat up a lot of weight capacity so you don’t really have a choice but to run 3 axles.
I don’t think an off the lot dump trailer is gonna do it for you. Maybe get a custom trailer made and have it for life, instead 2 or 3 trailers over a lifetime. IMHO

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
im interested in these galvanized dump trailers seems to be a relatively new thing.........steel trailers just dont last long and require alot of upkeep in our climate.

I borrowed Ron's in the fall, it's a beautiful trailer, it pulls nice, I loaded it super heavy with firewood and still didn't really notice it behind the truck, the box goes almost vertical for dump, and was quick lifting. If I was to buy one for myself (I have zero need for one) I would look at the N&N ones like Ron's.

20200919_182351.jpg

20200920_111708.jpg

firewood pile unsplit.jpg

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im interested in these galvanized dump trailers seems to be a relatively new thing.........steel trailers just dont last long and require alot of upkeep in our climate.

They have been around for a number of years and if buying new the galvanized is a no brainer. IMO
Looked that the N&N galvanized triple dump very seriously for hauling my loader a few years ago .
Only reason I didn’t is the pain in the arse for tying down loader as it’s 84 inch’s wide .
Real nice trailer and well worth the extra $3k ish for galvanized. IMO

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will soon be looking for a dump trailer for the farm and firewood sales business. Just looking around right now. Never had one before. Kinda leaning towards the Diamond C brand over the Southland brand that Flaman is selling. Looks like Diamond C is better built and quality, and is a bit more money. Was looking at the 3 stage boom one with power up and gravity down. Just wondering what other brands and dealers out there I should look at, and pros and cons.

I have 2 in stock.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How big are you looking to go? I had a dump trailer built through Precision trailers, 20' by 8' with a 12-ton hoist. That thing lifted 8 yards of topsoil. 25000lb gvw tandem dually Deck Over gooseneck. I have three Precision trailers now and they are all awesome, however they are not cheap. If you want to look into it at all, look up Wade at worthmore trailers. Located in camrose

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out double A trailers. My buddy has a single axle dump made by double A for his firewood business and loves it. Very well built, made locally here in Alberta. I have a tandem deck over and a single axle mid deck for the atv’s both made by double A. Not sure how they compare price wise for dump trailers but definitely worth a look.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your option is go cheap that still has a solid frame, or spend a fortune and get a decent trailer. Most are made to be disposal and are total junk, the middle of the road trailers are the worst buys, you pay more for a little bit better junk. I have a southland, 2 years in and it's garbage. Snapped 2 leafs on it a few weeks ago because they are super light. Even diamond c does a crap job with the paint, they are powder coated after assembled so they will start rusting and flaking off in huge chunks the first winter.

I don't get why the light trailers are made so poorly. My 25 ton trailer is built a million times better and despite being a 2012 the paint is in as good or better shape then my 2019 southland.

Top Bottom