Dull head light lenses.

dale+shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried polishing their headlight lenses? Any products worth trying? Ease of use? The head lights on my 98 chev p/u are duller than a popcorn fart. I've changed the bulbs, no improvement. Night driving is tricky with oncoming traffic, its kind of like using the park lights to light the street.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Try using some 2000 grit sand paper and wet sand them and then a polish. It will make them brighter

Or mount a 50 " HiD light bar and pizz everyone off lol

dale+shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen that thread. It has crossed my mind, I try not to be "that guy". Thanks for the input, I'll give it a try when it warms up again.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to the auto wrecker and bought some used but like new light buckets the polish trick don't last for long .

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to K2 Motors on eBay and buy some new ones, cheap and exactly the same as oem. I changed the lights in all my vehicles this way, tried the lens brightener, waste of time.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen that thread. It has crossed my mind, I try not to be "that guy". Thanks for the input, I'll give it a try when it warms up again.

lol... just turn the light bar off when you see someone n no one will care... i had the same problem... ended replacing the whole unit... the sand and gravel in the winter sand blasted them... now i had the new ones 3m'ed

Last edited:

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to K2 Motors on eBay and buy some new ones, cheap and exactly the same as oem. I changed the lights in all my vehicles this way, tried the lens brightener, waste of time.

This. The replacements are cheap enough it isn't worth the time and hassle on the old ones.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've done the 3m stuff from CT. It works but doesn't last. Might get a year and must do it again.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ewww! LMAO !💡

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used the 3M kit from Canadian tire and it made my lights look like new again. Just hook everything up on your drill and it is very easy.

Not sure if I got the 3M kit or another, but I probably got this one for the wife's car. Took no time at all and lasted just fine the two years it took for us to sell the damn thing!

Can't speak for older chev's but new headlights on that car were stupid expensive.

Top Bottom