Double McMurry council wages

daddys girl

Reaction score
What do you think? Should they get a pat on the back and a big raise for a job well done.Or should they all resign for screwing up so badly.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you think? Should they get a pat on the back and a big raise for a job well done.Or should they all resign for screwing up so badly.

No one should get a raise or bonus for doing there job... Not fallowing this but sounds like someone needs a little attention for claiming to being a hero. if it has to do with goverment or city council we all know there just starving for a financial boost.
Suck it up fkers and just do your job like everyone else, a pat on the back...or a kick in the a$$?

daddys girl

Reaction score
Apparently on june 22 the wood buffalo council decidedthey should vote them selfs a raise from 75000 to 150000 ayear.Some are saying they wont take it but we know how that goes in government.
The reson for the raise is because they are going to have to work harder.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I work harder can I get a raise?
Apparently on june 22 the wood buffalo council decidedthey should vote them selfs a raise from 75000 to 150000 ayear.Some are saying they wont take it but we know how that goes in government.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Double the wages? They will have to work doubly hard! Yea Right!!!

daddys girl

Reaction score
So if woodbuffalo can do this how about Edmonton Calgary every city and town in alberta.

scully

Reaction score
They are not NDPers. I am by no means defending them. Our council decided that they should create a board which requires full time effort to over see the current situations in Wood Buffalo. Those board members decided that the pay should be 150,000 per year while this board is in commission. The others members felt that with the extra workload that they might see they too needed a raise from 35k to 75000 per year. After the outlash from the community, I believe that only 2 of them now will accept the pay raise. All council membe s except the mayor are part time jobs consisting of 6-8 hours a week including council meetings. They have put them selves out first instead of the community.

daddys girl

Reaction score
They are not NDPers. I am by no means defending them. Our council decided that they should create a board which requires full time effort to over see the current situations in Wood Buffalo. Those board members decided that the pay should be 150,000 per year while this board is in commission. The others members felt that with the extra workload that they might see they too needed a raise from 35k to 75000 per year. After the outlash from the community, I believe that only 2 of them now will accept the pay raise. All council membe s except the mayor are part time jobs consisting of 6But it had to pass a vote,so most of them voted for it to pass it and now are trying to make them selves look good after doing something wrong.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$75,000 a year for a 6-8 hour work week? I'm in

I know the hours some of the members in Leduc put in.
Only the Mayor is full time.
Meeting, public functions, special boards, going to each employee sections of the City and meeting with them.

They work full time jobs then spend weekends and evening doing Council things.

It's probably 30 hours plus a week.

scully

Reaction score
What bothers the community is how they went about doing it. Also, I have sat on many boards as I am sure many of you have, you know when you sign up what is going to be involved. You generally sit on boards to better the community, not personal gain. I do understand that city council is a different area, but it is outlined to future council members of what will be involved with time commitments. We also understand that we are under a different circumstance with the wildfire situation, again it is the way they went about it. Enough voted for it to pass, then back pedalled after the backlash from the community. Heck they spent millions of dollars on the new Ariana project just to cancel it after they took a community vote. And By millions I am talking 50-60 million and all we have to show for it is empty lots that can't even be used for parking currently, displaced buisness. Our how about the purposed 74 million dollar walking bridge across the syne? They do not make the most sound decisions.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the benefits free gas hotel rooms meals,and all the other things that go with that job.

I don't believe it that much of a gravy part time job.

Away from family at meetings.
Always in public eye.

Top Bottom