Dore River

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So one of the guys in my group is pretty old school and has been mountain riding longer then I've been alive, and I'll be 29 in April. He was telling me about a place called Dore River. Apparently it's fairly challenging to get into for spring riding? We're trying to plan a trip for early April and I was wondering if anyone who rides the area has any insight. Thanks.

Mountain Air Al

Reaction score
YUP, The tax payers get scewed again. Looking at the maps, it looks like you can still ride avalanche alley to the top of the ridge. Still some nice shutes.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used to ride North and South Dore back in the 90's - we did a lot of waterskipping on the river in spring, and a bunch of sidehilling on sketchy faces to get into North Dore - obviously a little dumber back then. But to be perfectly honest, there are a lot of areas to ride around McBride that are not closed. Please respect the closures, the last thing our sport needs is more bad press...

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are still lots of great riding areas in the Mcbride area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bell, Lucille, Renshaw, a wee bit left in South Dore (with so little left this will likly be closed soon also) and Horsey because it is so safe. The real backcountry alpine exploring has been shut down for about three years now. Don't get me wrong cause McBride can't be beat because of the towns people who go out of their way like no others but back country is shut down (riding logs roads that remain open not overly exciting) for real explorers and not just McBride has been affected.

Last edited:

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are making a trip. Goto revy/sic better sledding than mcbride and a more restaurants and pubs.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are making a trip. Goto revy/sic better sledding than mcbride and a more restaurants and pubs.

McBride still my favorite riding area and rooms don't make the trip although the B&Bs at McBride are first rate.
Sicamous/Revy have the same issues with closed backcountry riding. May be better if you like the party life and big crowds of cabin dwellers on the hill but that's not sledding.
My point was that you don't have to worry about areas getting shut down in the future.....it has already happened.....absolutly nothing to do with one area better than another.

Top Bottom