Dogs in Canadian Tire

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Like dogs, my last dog like to fight but other than that really great German Shepard.
That dog would follow me into a burning building, but I just wouldn't take my dog into retail stores.

People are afraid of dogs and people are allergic and even good dogs can bite. (not mine) right

Anyhow is this a new thing, taking your dog into retail stores, just now there are 3 dogs in Can Tire.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes, I disagree with the policy. The liberal type people need "support dogs" apparently all the time. Little lap dogs to bigger retriever type dogs. I am just waiting to read about two dogs fighting in a store and some innocent bystander getting bit. Or a dog lifts it's leg on the corner of aisle 4 and needs a clean up or maybe worse in isle 7 there is a pile doo-doo........

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some retailers like Canadian tire now allow dogs even if not a support dog. Other retailers such as ones that sell food you are not to bring in dogs unless a support dog and you have paper work for it. Issue is you can now just by the leashes and harnesses and call it a support dog as well as get fake papers and it is a fight dealing with some of these losers

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better to have someone bring a dog into the store than leave it in a hot vehicle.
Lots of businesses here have allowed it for years, never heard of an issue. Dogs were allowed in restaurants when I was in Holland a few years ago too.

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better to have someone bring a dog into the store than leave it in a hot vehicle.
Lots of businesses here have allowed it for years, never heard of an issue. Dogs were allowed in restaurants when I was in Holland a few years ago too.
Or leave the dog at home? But whatever works for you i guess. Seems the way the world is going

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really, nothing better to complain about. Now were going to pick on dogs in Canadian Tire.

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people's animals are their family. Why does it bother you what someone else does? Go about your business and leave others to do theirs. Pretty simple.

I can see your point about hot cars

It's not like I'm at your house...I'm at a store, for the public.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With you on that.. keep it at home or in the vehicle, don’t need to walk around or smell dogshlt in a store
fred! I agree with you! lol. If anyone has ever owned a retail store and had to clean up a stanley steamer from someones dog that supposedly would never do that will have empathy for this problem.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too have been seeing the dogs at CT and can't wait to see some employee that has to pick up doggie poop cause i"m thinking the owner if no one is looking will probably just walk away from the pile. Just my opinion.

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people's animals are their family. Why does it bother you what someone else does? Go about your business and leave others to do theirs. Pretty simple.
Doesn't bother me as i work in retail. Just stating some facts about it and i tend to have to deal with the Karen's that are upset about people bringing there dogs in. There are rules that companies need to abide by is all.

Anyways carry on

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am with leave the dogs at home type. I get that dogs are family, my cats are my family and treat them so. But I leave them at home. If it’s a support dog then I have no issues or anybody shouldn’t as they’re needed. But I am the guy that dogs like to bite, even the “oh he’s a good friendly dog” still like to bite at me. So I personally don’t enjoy have them around. But I just stay clear of them.

Top Bottom