Dodge

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So why do you turn them on ?

Mainly cause the headlights sucked compared to my 08 gmc when i brand switched and they have stayed on since but i like that they light up the ditch for deer.

Also its not illegal in sask to run them, as well as i enjoy semis flashing their fogs at me and i flash them back lol

#canadastrong

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My favorite is the guy in the lifted dodge parked right in front of the door with the truck on high idle when it's 0 out just pouring exhaust into the business
Was at local ski hill few years ago dummy was backed up to lodge with chipped smokey diesel on high idle, people were gagging from the fumes, watched a guy walk over as no one was near the truck he turned it off took keys out and threw them in the box.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was at local ski hill few years ago dummy was backed up to lodge with chipped smokey diesel on high idle, people were gagging from the fumes, watched a guy walk over as no one was near the truck he turned it off took keys out and threw them in the box.

Same **** at hotel last night. 3:00 am I can smell frigging stink of diesel and look out window and some clown has his Fargo idled up running for the night.
It's -24 for chit sakes.
Idiots

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same **** at hotel last night. 3:00 am I can smell frigging stink of diesel and look out window and some clown has his Fargo idled up running for the night.
It's -24 for chit sakes.
Idiots

yeah but hes probably been waiting all year to do that. Soo many trucks sitting in town on high idle with the engine break on.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's -24 for chit sakes.
Idiots

I go ballistic as well... I just don't get it either some people just love to hear their cummins run. I work in a camp where on a regular basis people leave trucks idling in parking lot all night at -10c. Apparently it takes several hours for the other dodges to warm up that shut off because they have to idle for minimum 1 hr before they can move in the morning. Of course they are all deleted with no mufflers because the "stupid emissions **** plugged up". Wonder why?

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
That's cause anyone that drives a "fleet" vehicle has the attitude of "Hey, it's not my money. Let er buck!! When she plugs up, that's not my money either!" I see it on fleet vehicles ALL the time. I work on all the RCMP cars for Sherwood Park, and you should see the chit that gets done to these things.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's -24 for chit sakes.
Idiots
I wonder if you knocked the top off a can of ether near the intake it would make it more quiet?

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Ram with the bright fogs, which I do not normally run, unless it is foggy. In BC, they will ticket you for it, so if you are in the habit of running them and its not foggy and you are in BC... What gets me are the new little cars with the bright little HID's that change color and brightness as they come towards you. If they are following, the lites are really intense and I usually move my rear view mirrors so the lites are not directly in my eyes.
Thanks to those that have properly aimed lites, loaded and unloaded and use fog lites only when it is foggy. Special thanks to those that will turn them off as well if you are driving behind me.
All some people need is a little hug now and then. :thumbsup2:

canadiancon

Reaction score
M
I have a 2010 Ram with the bright fogs, which I do not normally run, unless it is foggy. In BC, they will ticket you for it, so if you are in the habit of running them and its not foggy and you are in BC... What gets me are the new little cars with the bright little HID's that change color and brightness as they come towards you. If they are following, the lites are really intense and I usually move my rear view mirrors so the lites are not directly in my eyes.
Thanks to those that have properly aimed lites, loaded and unloaded and use fog lites only when it is foggy. Special thanks to those that will turn them off as well if you are driving behind me.
All some people need is a little hug now and then. :thumbsup2:

This statment is false, fog lights can be run 24-7 in bc, there is no law regarding when fog lights can be used or not used

(1) A motor vehicle may be equipped with 2 fog lamps, mounted on the front of the vehicle below the headlamps, that are capable of displaying only white or amber light.

(2) Each fog lamp must be
(a) mounted not more than 30 cm below the headlamps, and
(b) adjusted and aimed so that, at a distance of 8 m from the lamp, the centre of the beam is at least 10 cm below the height of the fog lamp.
(3) The fog lamp wiring and switch must permit simultaneous operation of the parking lamps, tail lamps, licence plate lamp and, if required, clearance lamps.
(4) The operator of a vehicle may use fog lamps instead of headlamps when atmospheric conditions make the use of headlamps disadvantageous.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M

This statment is false, fog lights can be run 24-7 in bc, there is no law regarding when fog lights can be used or not used

(1) A motor vehicle may be equipped with 2 fog lamps, mounted on the front of the vehicle below the headlamps, that are capable of displaying only white or amber light.

(b) adjusted and aimed so that, at a distance of 8 m from the lamp, the centre of the beam is at least 10 cm below the height of the fog lamp.
(3) The fog lamp wiring and switch must permit simultaneous operation of the parking lamps, tail lamps, licence plate lamp and, if required, clearance lamps.
(4) The operator of a vehicle may use fog lamps instead of headlamps when atmospheric conditions make the use of headlamps disadvantageous.

So where in that do you get 24/7 is ok? I'm reading line 4 and looks to me like may be used if headlights are disadvantageous, not 24/7, I know several guys who have been ticketed.

Reactions: LBZ

dodgeram18

Reaction score
hahaha man this thread is very entertaining. I drive a 2012 ram 3500 levelled and its hauling my deck, tools, and doo so yes my lights are aimed high and i have this fancy thing from H&S called a minimaxx?? i guess it makes my truck go faster and potentially pop a head gasket or burn out my torque converter but man they have some setting called "ONLY FOR THE COOL CREW" and it allows me to rock high beams, low beams and fog lights all at the same time so i never have any trouble seeing the tops of trees when im driving. oh yeah and everybody who is anybody drives their ctd with their mirrors up bud. it even said on the H&S box that if i flipped up my mirrors when im not towing i can unlock my hot damn tune. so why not. mirrors up no hitch in, lights aimed at the sky next i just need a light bar that i can also leave on during the day just to keep everyone else on the road as happy as me.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha man this thread is very entertaining. I drive a 2012 ram 3500 levelled and its hauling my deck, tools, and doo so yes my lights are aimed high and i have this fancy thing from H&S called a minimaxx?? i guess it makes my truck go faster and potentially pop a head gasket or burn out my torque converter but man they have some setting called "ONLY FOR THE COOL CREW" and it allows me to rock high beams, low beams and fog lights all at the same time so i never have any trouble seeing the tops of trees when im driving. oh yeah and everybody who is anybody drives their ctd with their mirrors up bud. it even said on the H&S box that if i flipped up my mirrors when im not towing i can unlock my hot damn tune. so why not. mirrors up no hitch in, lights aimed at the sky next i just need a light bar that i can also leave on during the day just to keep everyone else on the road as happy as me.

So, we now know you drive a dodge, ride a Doo, you're an obnoxious inconsiderate a$$ .......... So what does your boyfriend do for a living ?

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then the RCMP officer that stopped checked us in Valemount does not know the law about headlites in BC. Stock or add-on, he said that use of fog lamps during clear nites could result in a ticket. He also told us that if you have 'off-road' lites that the on/off switch has to be located outside the cab.
I am not a lawyer, but I could agree with the logic in what he stated.

M

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Then the RCMP officer that stopped checked us in Valemount does not know the law about headlites in BC. Stock or add-on, he said that use of fog lamps during clear nites could result in a ticket. He also told us that if you have 'off-road' lites that the on/off switch has to be located outside the cab.
I am not a lawyer, but I could agree with the logic in what he stated.
The switch has to be outside? Now that really makes sense.

Top Bottom